“Convenient and decent.”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Lansing
Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin
“Convenient and decent.”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

We took our niece to visit her father in Leavenworth and this was the nicest, closest place to stay so we opted for it. It was easy to find, had a lot of restaurants close by, and the rooms were clean and comfortable. We got a king suite which had a roll out sofa which was nice for staying with our niece. The breakfast i thought was the same you get at most hotels but I was a little dissapointed in the variety of options for hot/cold breakfast. There was little fruit and by time we ate some of the things were cold..and just not good. We went to Ihop across the street instead! The swimming pool was VERY COLD, and given that it was cold outside it lead to an overcrowded hot tub/whirlpool so our downtime was not able to be spent as we had anticipated given my 7 year old niece's lips were blue after 20 minutes of swimming.
Good points: quiet, even across from the elevator we did not get much hall noise that I noticed. Comfortable, with a microwave and small fridge we were able to have lunchtime items, snacks and drinks easily accessible without having to bring a cooler etc.
Bad points: the person at the desk when we arrived seemed to have no opinions of his own, I asked about placed to eat dinner and I think I scared him. very cold swimming pool.

Room Tip: Depending on your party size it is worth the extra money to upgrade to a suite. It provides a large...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
dallas
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I have stayed in the HI Express in Lansing multiple times over the years, and since I travel there frequently, I expect I'll stay there again. It isn't horrible by any means. It's always clean and the staff are extremely friendly. It's just not all that great, and has gone downhill in the last year. I was there over Thanksgiving, and I don't know if it was hard to get staff coverage for the holiday or if it was because it was fully booked, but the breakfast buffet was frequently out of food. I understand if the scrambled eggs run low and it takes a minute to swap out a hot pan. I don't understand how every single coffee vessel can be bone dry. Or the cold cereal containers. Raisin Bran keeps for years on a shelf! How do you run out? One night (of course, after everybody was in their PJs) the toilet stopped up. My call to the front desk was met with "You can come get a plunger." Seriously? The lamps next to the bed weren't functioning when we checked in, and I called the desk immediately. It was late, so they said they'd send maintenance by the next day. When we checked out four days later, we still hadn't seen maintenance. Or much of anything else, as those rooms are dark enough as it is without having two of the four light sources not working! There are very few outlets, so forget charging a lap top or a phone without moving furniture. The toilet paper and facial tissue had to have been rejected by the prison, they were so rough! The beds were comfortable enough, but the sheets were low quality and scratchy. The carpet was threadbare, especially in the doorway.

I know this isn't the Ritz and I shouldn't expect it to be. But I think you can have certain expectations of a chain like this, and despite the fact that the people were nice and the room was clean, overall my expectations weren't met. Is it enough to make me drive all the way to Kansas City to find a better hotel next time? Probably not. Just be aware that, while fine, this is not the world's greatest Holiday Inn Express!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ElsieLew
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lansing - Leavenworth, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear ElsieLew,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I am delighted to hear that you found our staff friendly and hotel clean. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel and apologize for the shortcomings you have encountered. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Saint Joseph, Missouri
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Nice Place, Fridge, Microwave, small coffee maker in room

Property sits back off the highway, so it's pretty quiet

In the same block, there is a Burger King, Arby's, Popeye's chicken, Taco Johns and an IHOP

Clean crisp sheets, 4 pillows per bed, Air conditioner/heater quiet enough, has a fan setting that works independently, and the windows open

Hot Tub spacious and very well heated, Indoor Pool was cool but clear and comfortable

Breakfast had pancakes, eggs, sausage, hash browns, biscuits, warm cinnamon rolls, along with normal cereal, oatmeal. Also had V-8, orange juice, milk etc

Very tasty.

Overall good experience and priced well

Be Confident with choosing this property, I will return if the situation arises

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Calvin L
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I'd like to qualify this review with a statement that this Holiday Inn Express boasts clean, spacious rooms and friendly service, which is quite honestly more than this city dweller was expecting from a hotel in Kansas.

With that being said, the door to our room could only be opened with something resembling a karate chop to the handle and the "free wi-fi" seemed to delight in picking and choosing when it wanted to permit me to connect. The room itself and service were more than acceptable and would certainly compel me to consider staying here again if I ever found myself returning to the Leavenworth-Lansing area, but those two issues were prominent enough to knock a high 4 out of 5 down to a solid 3.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TractionAvenue
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lansing - Leavenworth, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Andy O,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are so glad you liked the service you received and the cleanliness of our property. Please allow us to apologize for the challenges you had with your room door and our WiFi fell below your expectations. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and guest services are superior and strive to be the best hotel around. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. Thank you for staying and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Izmir, Turkey
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Stayed for one night. The reception was fast and efficient. The room was clean and functional except WiFi signal was not good in my distantly located second floor room. I had to use wifi in the lobby. Breakfast was good.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I usually stay at BnB;s. This chain hotel was a pleasant surprise. Its a newer building and the perks of that are nice.. cleaner than the avg. The staff made it worth writing a review. Very friendly and accommodating with last min requests. Tony is a good guy. He'll take care of you. Bonus: fresh baked cookies in the lobby. I work at Ft Leavenworth often and wouldn't consider staying anywhere else.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I stayed here June 10, 2013. The room was very clean and comfortable. The staff were very nice and helpful. I was almost home to Chicago and I received a phone call from a staff member in regards to two of my journals. I had left my journals with scriptures in the room by accident. I had checkout and didn't realize I had left anything. The manager was nice enough to have them mailed to me. Although, I had to fill out a form for payment and it took about a week for me to receive them, I am appreciative because they could've thrown them away. I will stay there again when I go back to Leavenworth, KS in August.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lansing
Hampton Inn Leavenworth
Hampton Inn Leavenworth
#1 of 4 in Leavenworth
Fairfield Inn & Suites Leavenworth
Ramada Platte City Kci Airport
Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City Airport North
BEST WESTERN PLUS Kansas City Airport-KCI East
Residence Inn Kansas City at The Legends

Been to Holiday Inn Express Lansing - Leavenworth? Share your experiences!