“Pretty Good for a small town”
Review of Copa Motel

Copa Motel
Copa Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Kingman B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 8, 2013

My son and I were on our way to southwest Kansas late in 2012 and we were tired from a long drive and came upon this hotel. We actually looked at the reviews on our computer while eating dinner in Wichita, so we took a chance. The rooms are the drive up kind - and they have a weird magnetic key to get in, but once inside it was quiet even though we were only four rooms away from the highway with a McDonalds behind us. The room had two nice new double beds, but on kind of flimsy stands - and my bed would scoot around a bit when turning over - however there was a ceiling fan over the beds for warmer weather.

There was a large flat screen tv in the room and a frig and microwave - the towels were tiny and limited and the bath small, but otherwise it was pretty good - the neighbors had dogs that I thought might bark, but I never heard them except once when they took them for a walk.

There is however, no continental breakfast of any kind, so we ate at McDonalds. They did have wi-fi which worked very well considering we were way across the parkinglot from the office. The elderly lady in the front office was very accommodating and helpful.

Room Tip: on cold nights make sure your heat works - ours did, but we heard of others who had to change rooms...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank TravelingREVMdM

Reviewed August 20, 2012

apparently, I made my reservations with the wrong person when I stayed at the hotel last time. This time at checking in they told me I gave them the wrong phone number so they couldn't call me to see if I really needed two rooms or just one. They charged me for two rooms the first night even though it was their mistake and not mine. I certainly did not give them the wrong phone number and I reserved one room with double beds. I will definitely be staying at one of the bed & breakfasts next time we are in town which really aren't much more expensive when you consider they serve you breakfast and you won't have to listen to the traveling workers drinking and partying in the parking lot until late in the night...

Room Tip: make sure to talk to a manager or owner when making reservations. Also, ask for a room with good pi...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 7, 2011

Not a lot of choices in this town, this is the only motel with enough room to get in with a truck. I see a bunch of shipping boxes in the lobby when I check in but don’t think too much about it. Later I realize they are doing a lot of work on this place.

They have one of those (new) electronic billboard flashing the perks. New beds … yes, and new sinks, and (new?) large flat screen TV’s. Mixed in with the ‘old,’ it makes for an interesting room. I normally won’t pay this much for a room, but tonight I don’t have a choice … and it makes me think about it. This place couldn’t be getting all this ‘new’ stuff if they were charging $29 a night. I don’t understand how those places can make it.

Other interesting notes about the room. The sign listing the TV channels still referred to this place as the ‘Budget Host.’ The telephone was from a Quality (or Comfort) Inn in Wichita. The bathroom fan was connect to the sink light switch (old side of the bathroom door) and unlike some places where a 300# person couldn’t find in the area allowed for the toilet, this toilet was centered on the wall across from the tub, plenty of room.

Basics, heat, clean, quiet, hot water.

Oh yes, new light fixtures on the walls too …

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
5  Thank Jim-OnTheWayHome

Been to Copa Motel? Share your experiences!