“Very Nice hotel, Excellent customer service and very clean rooms”

Comfort Inn Kansas City
Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Kansas City
Missouri
“Very Nice hotel, Excellent customer service and very clean rooms”
Reviewed April 7, 2009

I stay at this hotel every week. The rooms are very comfortable and clean. The staff is always very nice and go out of the way to make sure every thing is clean and comfortable.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank RCook9117

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Kansas
Reviewed May 31, 2008

We stayed here for two nights last week. We loved the location, so close to WOF and Ameristar. Price was a little steep, but not bad. We didn't make it to the breakast, it closes at 9a which seems a little early to us. It was nice to have a smoking room even if they do stink. The indoor pool was nice but it was like a sauna in there, we couldn't stand being in there for very long, it was too hot to breath in there. The rooms were very spacious and clean. We will stay here again!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Pool
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank SEKANSASLady
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed July 11, 2007

This is a really nice hotel. It is very convenient to Worlds of Fun.
I found this hotel to be very clean and quiet. We were very leery to stay close to Worlds of Fun, but found this property to exceed our expectations. We have always stayed in Overland Park or Country Club Plaza, but we would stay here again! This hotel is within a short driving distance to the shopping in Overland Park and Country Club Plaza! The FREE breakfast was wonderful!!

• Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed November 2, 2006

Excellent, excellent value for the money. We stayed on a weeknight in late October and so there were not too many people around. Our room was *very* clean and very comfortable. It was very close to the airport and to area highways. The breakfast was average, adequate. The gym, pool, and hot tub were completely available; it is a shame we had much to do because it would have been great to have these small but adequate amenities all to ourselves. They had yummy cookies in the evening; we helped ourselves to chocolate chip and oatmeal cookies on our way out to dinner. We stayed at a handful of places around KC during this trip and when we return, we will just stay here. The hotel is directly across from Worlds of Fun so I imagine it is quite busy and more expensive during the warmer months.

• Liked — clean and cheap
  • Disliked — the decor could be improved
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
2 Thank christina0001
Isle of Wight
Reviewed April 7, 2006

I was visiting the city to see some of the museums. The Comfort Inn is well located for access to downtown but the traffic noise can be intrusive. The rooms are of a high standard, spacious, and clean. There is an indoor pool and fitness room. The staff are friendly and efficient. The breakfast area is kept stocked and clean with the usual continental style breakfast.
Overall this was a good value place to stay a couple of nights and well placed if you are visiting the theme park or casinos nearby.

• Stayed March 2006
1 Thank greenmedic
kansas
Reviewed March 27, 2006

I had booked a price online through the hotel's website and when I went to check in they said I had to pay 10 dollars more. I said "no way, I have a confirmed reservation number with this rate". So the lady at the desk told me to get the lower rate I had to call the 1-800 #. The phone in the lobby was broken so I had to use my cell phone. What happened to customer service? The pool capacity is 8 people, and is very shallow. The rooms were not that clean, and I requested a non-smoking room and got a very smoky smelling one. This motel is not in a nice area of town either.

• Stayed March 2006
10 Thank wheatfarmer
comfortinnkc, Webmaster at Comfort Inn Kansas City, responded to this review, February 5, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Comfort Inn Kansas City for your recent stay in our area. I am sorry about the confusion in your room rate and also in your being given a smoky room.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is greatly appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

1) The management and registration staff received extra training in knowing how to register guests and working with registrations that were made on the hotel’s website. This also included smoking and non smoking rooms.

2) The cleaning staff received extra training concerning the level of cleanliness which is expected of them as our employees.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Comfort Inn Kansas City. I think you will be greatly pleased.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 26, 2006

I was in town for a meeting and stayed at the Comfort Inn, it was nice and comfortable. My co-workers stayed here before and recommended staying here. The staff was great and very helpful with directions. The room was nice, clean, and the bed was great. They served hot breakfast in the morning and it was nice to make fresh waffles ( the breakfast lady makes them for you, but I wanted to try it, and it was fun ), she was very nice also. They did have a indoor pool, but didn't bring my shorts with me this time, but the water looked crystal clear ( next time will have to bring my shorts for swimming and to get into the hot tub ). Overall I enjoyed my stay and will come back again very soon. Thanks Comfort Inn!

• Stayed January 2006, traveled on business