“Worst barbeque I've ever eaten”

Arthur Bryant's Barbeque
Ranked #14 of 262 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Worst barbeque I've ever eaten”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I had the pulled potpourri pulled meat sandwich, it was dry and tasted like it had been drenched in a bottle of smoke sauce, like someone threw a couple of logs in the smoker and walked away for a couple of days. My daughter had the pulled pork sandwich and again tasted like it had been drenched in bottled smoke sauce. We left most of our sandwiches. I would not go back.

Visited February 2013

Kansas City
“Still the one.”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Not too fancy but real. Hard to beat this place for BBQ. Although Arthur is not longer with us, his receipes live on. Don't go unless you are hungry. I like the beef sandwich best and the french fries are the best in town. Wash it down with some strawberry soda.

Visited September 2012
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Poor service”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I received poor service at this location. The person in carry out acted as if I was bothering her just by being there. Food was good, but not great.

Visited December 2012
Fort Worth
“Not a fan of their burnt ends”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I don't know a lot about burnt ends. I have tried them at 2 or 3 places, and I decided to try them here. I was disappointed to find that they were covered in BBQ sauce. There was hardly any BBQ flavor. I could only taste the flavor of the sauce. The pieces were also very hard to chew. Overall, the restaurant was a good place to visit. The customers and staff were friendly. I thought the portion size was a little small. (I ended up buying a snack on the way home, because I was still hungry.) I would go back to try something else, but I will not order the burnt ends.

• Visited November 2012
Kansas City, Missouri
“Legendary”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

This place is one of the king of BBQ houses in Kansas City. Very informal, but great food. Show up early as the line grows quickly.

Visited December 2012