“not your usual BBQ”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
kansas city
“not your usual BBQ”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

the vinegar based sauce is different from all other KC offerings. The meats are tender and juicy and the portions are generous. You gotta try this place when doing your BBQ tours.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Not a good showing by Arthur Bryants”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

First, the staff here was great. They were nice and helpful, but the food was just not good. The meat was dry and the sauces added nothing to the meal. It was the biggest disappointment for this trip to Kansas. I am glad to have eaten there because now I never have to go back.

• Visited April 2012
Columbia, Missouri
“Nice Place for Lunch”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

The barbecue is very good (as always). This is one of the nicer restaurants of the chain. Good location (next to Kansas Speedway, Legends Shopping Center, and Nebraska Furniture Mart. It was a little pricey for lunch; but the BBQ is great.

Visited December 2012
Wichita, Kansas
“BBQ”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

We ate there just before we returned home. We had the rib sandwich with the french fries. The food was great and the service was good.

Visited December 2012
“All over the place this trip....”
Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

I have had Arthur Bryants many times, and it is my favorite bbq in Kc. unfortunately I have a mixed review on this trip. I got ribs and my wife got pulled pork and burnt ends so we could share and sample each. The pulled pork was phenomenal, moist and tender. tge burnt ends were good, but drowned in sauce and a hair under done in my opinion. The ribs had great flavor but were overcooked to the point that they were crispy, not just the outside either. Waaay overdone. The slaw was great, and the beans were absolutely top notch, some of the best ever. We love the new place as its clean and organized, so atmosphere is perfect. Lastly, I thought it slightly overpriced for the quantity of food, and that was disappointing. i would come back, but I am not sure we would go out of our way again.