“BBQ history! Still pretty good food!”

Arthur Bryant's Barbeque
Ranked #13 of 268 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I'm not a fan of their sauce but the brisket is tasty. Lots of great history. Worth a visit for that alone.

There are newer reviews for Arthur Bryant's Barbeque

Reviewed November 26, 2012

This is some of the best barbecue is Kansas City. I love this place. It is a good one. I sadly haven't been in a while.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Visited the Kansas City, Kansas location to get some (relatively) local eats. The service is cafeteria style, very quick, efficient and casual. All the servers in the line were very helpful and friendly.

The food was good. I had the burnt ends. The meat was full of flavor - I love the rubs that the KC joints tend use. The sauce was very good, although there was too much sauce in my opinion. Overall taste was slightly spicy which I enjoyed. My wife had the pulled pork, it was drowning in sauce - we'd rather taste the meat and add sauce to enhance the flavor.

Would recommend if you are in the area. Would not consider this a destination restaurant.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

If you're in town for the races and aren't interested in leaving the immediate area, you owe it to yourself to eat here. The meats are lip smacking good, and the sauce is, well, you'll have to decide. Some think it's right up there with the best; I don't think it's quite that.
Here's a suggestion, though. If you want to truly experience this legendary name in BBQ, drive to the city and eat at the original. You're a big boy; you can do it.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

My son and I were in town for the NASCAR race and we ate there and it was simpy delicious. Large portions again and great service. They took the time to explain how large some sandwiches are and recommened that we split it...and they were RIGHT! If you walk away hungery from that place it is your own falt!