“Great BBQ and Ambience - The Real Deal”
Review of Woodyard Bar-B-Que

Woodyard Bar-B-Que
Ranked #4 of 276 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Woodyard BBQ is situated in an old house in an old working woodyard. There is an awesome outdoor brick patio with our brick smoker adjacent. This is combined with a cool wooden deck, an inside room with AC and heat and our BRAND new beer garden. This place is the real deal. Come say hi!
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Rustic, authentic charm. Mainly outdoor seating either on the patio or a covered deck next door. There are a few tables inside. Go inside, order your food and they bring it to you in a matter of minutes. You can watch the pitmaster at work as the large pit is right out in front next to the main patio. The BBQ is really good, cheap and I go here at least once for lunch when I am in KC from South Florida and the weather is good enough to sit outside. This is a no discrimination kind of place. You see business men in shirts and ties, next to tradesman, next to families and ladies that lunch. I have not had anything that wasn't good here.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Nothing fancy, meat is cooked outside in a brick pit . . . the ribs are THE BEST, fall off the bone and seasoned with a dry rub! I live 60 miles from KC but hit the Wood Yard when I am in town. I believe they still have a two babyback ribs for $25.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

My family and I visited the Woodyard BBQ recently, looking forward to an experience similar to that portrayed on the TV show, "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives". What a disappointment! The staff was not only NOT friendly, but almost acted annoyed that we were there. It was cold that day, so we sat inside the "out building", which had heaters. As we were ready to leave, we asked an employee if we could leave via a side door. He said no because it was not working. As we left, we heard the employee and two others making fun of us for asking that question . . . Actually mocking us! The food was good, but not great. We are from Arizona, but we visit Kansas City often. we will NOT go back to the Woodyard BBQ!!!

2  Thank William S
112CMAN, Owner at Woodyard Bar-B-Que, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2012

Hi-
I received an alert from Trip Advisor in regards to your review.
Firstly, let me apologize for your experience in regards to my employees being rude.
I assure that that is not how we operate and that we pride ourselves on treating our guests with KC hospitality and courteousness!
Having said that, would you be so kind as to give me a description of the employee in question?
I do not have too many so I should be able to ascertain who it is. Please include day and time.
If you would mind going to our website and contacting me through it I would appreciate it.
Thanks,
Ciaran Molloy

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Describing this place as a hole in the wall would be ... accurate. The company first started out as the wood vendor for many of the local barbeque restaurants; the piles of wood for sale are still located out behind the restaurant. Somewhere along the way, they figured out that opening their own restaurant wasn't a bad idea - and boy, were they right. It's a very small, family-run shop, and the food was spectacular. Our party of nine wound up passing dishes around the table so everyone could try things they hadn't ordered for themselves. Friday evening they had a musician playing out on the patio as well.

We will go out of our way to visit The Woodyard again on our next trip to the area!

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Went here for lunch and it was very good! It was also very reasonably priced and very fast service. Definitely recommend checking this place out!