“freshes fish in the city”

Mad Jack Fresh Fish
Ranked #40 of 257 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
ogden, ks usa
“freshes fish in the city”
Reviewed January 29, 2012

while working in kansas city i will walk to mad jacks it only a five minute walk from the shop ,the cat fish strip plate is more than enough for two meals , i would like to welcome everybody to try mad jacks . they have have a big display case with other fresh fish & sea food the staff are very nice & polite ,the prices are average .

• Visited February 2011

Kansas
“Great food, and lots of it”
Reviewed September 20, 2011

Have eaten here many time, but never wrote a review. But everything I have had has been great. I started off with the catfish someone had recommended, and it was well worth it. Then moved on to the jumbo shrimp, new favorite. If you have never had Basa (fish) you should try it, it has a great flavor.
You have plenty to chose from as far as sides go, my favorite is the fried mushrooms and fried okra, they also have good hushpuppies. You get plenty of food. Cant go wrongwith this place. It is kind of a hidden jewel in KCK.
I have never eaten inside, it is kinda small, but always get mine to go, and you can call ahead of time. And if you like fresh fish, and shrimp...etc...they have an area where you can get it fresh...pretty good deals.

• Visited September 2011
Kansas
“The best fried oysters that I have EVER had!!!”
Reviewed July 27, 2011

We did carry out-- two pints of fried oysters and a side of hush puppies for about $30, but it seemed like a LOT more than two pints to us. Between 3 adults, we could only finish off one pint. My family and I love fried oysters and we all agreed that these were the largest and best that we have every had. The hush puppies were also great. We didn't get additional sides because we have lots of fresh veggies from our garden right now, but I cannot wait to try the gumbo, red beans and rice, and okra. Service was also fast--about 10 minutes. If you like seafood, you have got to try this place out. YUM!

• Visited July 2011
kansas city
“Amazing atmosphere, better food!”
Reviewed November 23, 2008

The best fish I've had in the city, hands down. Also, the frog legs are surprisingly tasty.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Really fast, good fish!”
Reviewed May 29, 2008

Really fast, good fish!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Been to Mad Jack Fresh Fish? Share your experiences!