“Good Food and MicroBrew”

Granite City Food & Brewery
Ranked #6 of 262 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Granite City is a microbrewery/ restaurant with awesome craft brews and a large menu! We have a breakfast buffet on Saturdays from 9am-12pm and Sunday Brunch from 9am - 2pm. We take reservations!
Columbia, Missouri
“Good Food and MicroBrew”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed dinner at this restaurant on a recent trip to Nebraska Furniture Mart. It is located in the Legends Shopping Center area and is right across the street from the NFM and close to the Kansas Speedway. We only had about a 15 minute wait so we tried one of the local brews (the Northern Light) and it was very good. It is the lightest of the brew selections. We tried the Salmon Dip for an appetizer and it was very good. My wife had the Shrimp Taco Trio and I had the Blackened Chicken Linquini and both were very good. The restaurant is very nice and has a great atmosphere. The staff (from the bar service to the wait staff) were excellent. We would recommend Granite City for dinner if you are ever in the area.

• Visited December 2012

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Love this place”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We really enjoy eating here, especially on Sunday nights after 5pm when kids eat free. Their beer is good (I recommend joining the Mug Club) and their food is good as well. I particularly enjoy the bleu cheese burger and my wife enjoys the Napa Valley burger. There are always games on and the staff is always helpful and friendly. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for some good food and beer.

• Visited November 2012
Benton City, MO
“Good Beer”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

The beer was good, the food was just ok, nothing spectacular. We were a little disappointed. We wouldn't go back if we were in the area.

Visited March 2012
Kansas City, KS
“Stunningly mediocre, particularly for the price”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

First and foremost the beer: I tired two, the IPA and a bock, and both were kind of muddled and unremarkable. The food was very mediocre to poor. I had the chicken with cheese tortellini in sun dried tomato pesto. What I received was grocery-store quality tortellini smothered in a un-seasone, bland butter sauce that was colored red. My wife had chicken Korean tacos, the only flavor at all was heavy red onion and cliantro, totally overpowering and unappealing. This wouldn't be so bad except that it is very expensive; the tortellini were ala carte and cost $14. I don't understand why people would come back and pay such high prices for sub-Olive Garden fare. Service was spotty, though the waitress was friendly. Plates were brought out by different servers, mine arrived almost ten minutes before my wife's food. I watched the butter congeal on my plate. Once we finished eating, I had to flag the waitress twice to get the check, and it took forever for her to ring it up. And it wasn't nearly busy; it seems that there is a lot of activity by the wait staff, but perhaps they aren't sufficiently trained to put all that rushing around to good use. My expectations weren't high to begin with, but even for a suburban mall "upscale" dining chain the overall experience was very poor.

• Visited September 2012
Missouri
“Good food, Attentive service”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

My husband and I have eaten at Granite City a number of times and we have never been disappointed with either our meal or the service we have received. They offer a menu with a wide variety of items. At times, it has been difficult to make a decision. On weekends, a buffet is available. The last time we were there was a Saturday at brunch. Omelets are made to order and a wide variety of items are available along with fresh pastries and fruit.

Our waiter was excellent. Our glasses were never half empty and he made sure we didn't need anything without being overbearing.

For beer lovers, there is a a wide variety of beer available.

It is a great place to have a good meal and relax.

• Visited August 2012