Candlewood Suites Kansas City Speedway
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Super 8 Bonner Springs(Bonner Springs)
View Hotel
All reviewslegends mallfront desksuper closewashers and dryersan extended stayqueen roomwalls are very thinother hotels in the areawithin walking distancehotel is locateddishwasherwalmartspeedwaykitchenettegym
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Staff is very friendly and rooms are very clean. Location to entertainment and food excellent. Being able to cook in your room is a real money saver as well. Highly recommend to anyone! Legends across the street, Hollywood casino close by.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed here just one night, for a concert at nearby Sandstone Amphitheater, or as they call it now, Cricket Wireless Amphitheater. The hotel itself is clean, and the staff are very friendly. They have a large gym area, and a pantry for snacks and drinks. The rooms have a full kitchen, except an oven. If you are a priority club member (All you need to do is sign up), you can earn points when you stay at any of the chains hotels, so we stayed here for free!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My stay at Candlewood Suite was wonderful!!!! The room was very well equipped and it offered everything that we normally would need if we would stay in a hotel for a longer period of time. I wish I wish we could have taken the room on the road with us. I have stayed at numerous hotel all over the state of Kansas and other states. I'm a person who loves to converse with people and staff. The staff was very helpful, most importantly kind and friendly. I even had the pleasure of speaking with the new general Manager. She was very knowledgeable of the area. Me and my family was there to shop and she gave us some great ideas and places to go. If ever in town again, I will surely make my reservation at the Candlewood Suite.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Our stay here was a big headache! The room was nice and everything was clean but the customer service was beyond poor! I will never stay at this hotel again! When we reserved over the phone everything was fine. I gave my card number to hold the room. When we checked in the front desk clerk swiped my card. We stayed two nights in a queen suite with a pull-out sofa for our family of 4. The room was spacious and clean, but the beds squeaked and there wasn't enough towels. We had to exchange our dirty ones for another clean set. There also wasn't a blanket or pillows for the pull-out sofa. So, we used our own pillows and blankets we brought with us. I shouldn't have to do that but it was less of a headache than trying to get ones from the front. The morning we were supposed to check-out we checked our bank account online and two transactions were pending from the hotel. One was for $10 and the other was the room charge but was for too much! When we called the front desk to ask the lady was rude and unhelpful. My husband went to the desk to talk to her. She explained the $10 charge was for incidentals and to hold the room. She blamed it on another employee and said it was for pre-authorization on the card. He came back to the room and we packed up and then went to check-out. He went back to the desk to check-out and she told him that our card was declined. He explained that the money was already out of our account. We had just checked it online and the so called "pre-authorization" was actually a charge for that amount. So she was trying to charge our card twice and that it why is it was declining the charge. After trying to explain this to her multiple times she still didn't understand and said she couldn't check us out until our account showed paid. She said she would have to call someone to help her or wait until the next person came in to work to fix it. We hung around Kansas for 4 HOURS waiting on someone to call us and let us know it was worked out before we headed home. Of course, no one called so we had to call them and nothing had been done! We called corporate office customer service and got directed to Guest Relations. From there we explained and they called the hotel to find out what was going on. We then were told the hotel would have to contact visa to cancel the preauthorization holds and then charge us the correct amount for the room. So, after 4 phone calls later and a very pissed off dad we decided to drive on home and figure it out over the phone. We were told we would receive a phone call from the general manager, Mary Beth Smith, within the hour and did not hear anything! So, we called the hotel again and the same employee told us she wasn't in that day and was going to come in on Sunday to figure it out and call us back. It is now late Sunday afternoon and we have yet to hear anything from the general manager or the hotel. We are not happy with this service and we are regular Candlewood guests. I can honestly say I have never had this type of experience and hope it doesn't happen to anyone else. I wouldn't be so upset if the situation could have been handled in a timely manner. The front desk employee acted rude and even argued with us that we still owed the charges when we clearly showed her the funds were pending in our account to come out. This was an issue on their end that could have been resolved easily. We have both worked in banking and customer service and would have never treated a guest this way. In the end corporate wasn't a help either and told us "let the hotel management do it's job" give them 24-48 hours to resolve the issue. What???!!! Why would it take that long to give us a credit of $30 and make sure our charge was correct? Never again! BEWARE if you stay here and do not use your regular checking account to hold the room! I would advise a visa gift card! If we would have used our regular checking account we would have been charged double for our stay!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Robert J
Mary Beth S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Kansas City Speedway, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Yes, we did have some technical and communication issues that unfortunately happened to you and I can only apologize. We have a great, hospitality trained staff but because many of us are just new to this hotel and the procedures we made some errors.

We did resolve the credit card issues and also did not charge you for the stay. I know it was never your intention to get a complimentary stay but this was our way of saying sorry.

Candlewood Suites is a fantastic product and I do hope you give us and the Brand another try the next time you travel.

Regards,

Mary Beth Smith-GM

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel twice in the last month while traveling and between the employees and the rooms themselves, nothing is better. It has unbelievably comfortable beds that put you to sleep immediately, an amazing pantry with cheap foods to buy, and super close access to one of the best shopping/restaurant areas possibly in the United States. And that they're pet friendly is a super bonus!

Room Tip: Ask for King suites if available, wonderful rooms!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple