“Disappointed”

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Disappointed”
Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

The race was so on boring. I have been to 7 other tracks and this track had no outside vendors and the activities were pathetic.

Olathe, Kansas
285 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 270 helpful votes
“Kind of OK”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

I think you really have to be into the NASCAR scene to appreciate it. The access and egress is complicated, but the cops do a good job of moving the traffic along. You are kind of far from the action and the clientele are interesting to be polite. Have to admit I am a F-1 fan and this is kind of a different schtick.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank JimOB1
Overland Park, Kansas
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“First Ever NASCAR and it was GREAT!”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

I was given 2 tickets to a NASCAR race by Goodyear for buying some tires. My first thought was to sell the tickets and make about $200. However, since I'd never been I thought I should relish the experience for free and boy am I glad I did. The experience was great and the KS Speedway is one of the top tracks in the whole USA!

My tickets were way up top on the end of the track but it didn't matter because there is not a bad seat in the house. I could see and hear everything so well. Speaking of hearing, I rented the radio headset/transmitter ($35, +$10 for additional headset & share transmitter) and had it on the whole time. It was very nice to listen in to the drivers and their pit crews (just turn the number to the corresponding car number and voila!) you could also listen in to the radio and TV broadcast. This made it so much better so that I knew what was happening right in front of me. If you do not have the headset, you MUST have something in or over your ears. The cars are very loud and you could easily have hearing damage without some protection!

I went to the inaugral night race (6:30pm start time) and it was so much better that going to a race that started at Noon or 1pm. I would think it would be unbearable to sit there for 3 hours in the heat of the day, but the evening was cooler. Plus, the hours leading up to the race were more enjoyable. We got there about 3:30pm and parked somewhat far, but the parking is FREE!

There are many things to do before the race outside the gates and once inside, there are more things to do. You can bring coolers into the speedway with your favorite drinks - both alcoholic and non-alcoholic - and your own food. That is great! I did notice the concessions pricing was normal for a large gathering (about 100,000 people).

Finally, KS Speedway on raceday is a people watching paradise. Tons of different "types" of folks walking around with their coolers and tattoos. It's a great bargain to pay for the ticket and then get free parking and BYOB and BYOF. I may do it again, but the only reason I wouldn't is because I'm not into NASCAR as much as NFL Football.

The KS Speedway is a top-notch locale and entertainment was great.

2 Thank Beagledawg
Harrison, Arkansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“This was a great day!!!”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

This was my first Nascar experience and it was a great one!!! Everyone I met was friendly and helpful and it was an awesome experience!!!

Joliet, Illinois
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Girls week end”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Good track, like that you walk in on the ground floor. Did not like that there were no trams to get from parking to up closer to the track. Plenty of food stands with a variety of things. Could have used a few more venders/ Sponsers in the Dan zone area. But all in all a good time was had by all