“Clean, comfortable, friendly”

Comfort Suites Speedway - Kansas City
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed June 14, 2014

It's almost hard to imagine that I would give a great review to a hotel but this place deserves it. The room was clean. The staff was very friendly. The complimentary breakfast was very good having savory, sweet, and healthy choices. The price may be a little high for some pocket books and it's a shame we have to spend over a hundred bucks to get a clean room but it sure cuts down on the stress.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
CSuitesKS115, General Manager at Comfort Suites Speedway - Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

FoodLoverinOK,
Thank you for your review and we thank you for your business. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, please keep us in mind when your travels bring you back through our part of Kansas City!

Reviewed June 7, 2014

Very nice rooms with a good lay out. Beds were comfortable and relaxing. Staff was really nice and helpful, we were meeting some friends there and the staff was able to put us in a room right next to each other. The Breakfast was good and the coffee was great! The pool was a little to cold, wasn't very heated at all.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
CSuitesKS115, General Manager at Comfort Suites Speedway - Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Thank you for dropping us a line on TripAdvisor! We appreciate your business and your comments. We are happy that you enjoyed your time with us and your friends. Thanks for the tip about the pool, we will follow up with our maintenance about the water temperature. We hope to see you again when you are in the area! Thanks again.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

We stayed here for a Spring Break overnight. The staff was very helpful and all of the kids enjoyed themselves. We enjoyed all of the breakfast options. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfy. I would stay here again for sure!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Beth W
CSuitesKS115, General Manager at Comfort Suites Speedway - Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Beth W,
Thank you for leaving us a review on TripAdvisor, we appreciate it! We are beyond thrilled that your children and yourself enjoyed your time with us and hope that you choose to stay with us whenever you travel to Kansas City, Kansas.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

My feelings for this hotel are mixed even a couple weeks after my stay. Most of the hotel was nice and the room was very comfortable. Breakfast was fair but nothing special. The weight room does not have any free weights but at least the equipment worked and was clean. Unfortunately there was a horrible smell in the elevator that lasted for my entire 3 day stay. It smelled like a can for lemon furniture polish exploded. I had to hold my breath not to gag. I don't feel that my stay was worth the money but all the hotels in Kansas City seemed too high so that doesn't help me. Great staff but I don't think there will be a next time for me.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Derek S
CSuitesKS115, General Manager at Comfort Suites Speedway - Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Derek S,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review to our TripAdvisor page about your stay with us. We are sorry to hear that you weren't completely satisfied with your stay. We would like to apologize for the lemon smell in the elevator, and also for not having dumbbells in our fitness room. We would hope that you could give us a second chance to ensure you enjoy your WHOLE stay. We could offer you a more affordable room also, since you were not happy about that part either. Please email us deskmanager115@gmail.com, we would love to hear from you.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

Stayed May 25th no place in the area had any rooms. We were able to find a queen suite and this hotel the only room they had left. Hotel was very busy--but all the employees had a smile. Hotel was great - room was great - breakfast was great nothing special but what you would expect. It is located about 4 minutes to shopping, racetrack, casino, everything Village West has to offer. Will stay again.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
CSuitesKS115, General Manager at Comfort Suites Speedway - Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2014

luvtotravel05,
Thank you for staying with us and also thank you for such a great review! Keep us in mind this summer, we will be offering discount Schlitterbahn tickets!

Reviewed May 22, 2014

I stayed for a business meeting and was pleasantly surprised of how clean, spacious and fresh the room was. It had been a few years that I had stayed at a Comfort Suites and before it did not leave a lasting impression on me but this time it did. The bed was very comfortable and the staff was friendly. They gave me good suggestions on local restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dennis L,
Our whole hotel staff is happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us while on a business trip to Kansas City. Thanks for the review and we hope that the next time your company needs meeting room space that you will come back to see us! Thanks.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

I really, really enjoyed this hotel. From the time we checked in, until the time checked we out nothing but excellent service. Friendly staff (especially Duayne) he provided me and my family with valuable information on how to get back and forth from all of the places we had on our long list. Great locations close to shopping malls but not to close so you don't have to deal with all of the traffic. Also, It's not often I fall in love with hotel beds, but if it wasn't a crimes I would have taken my room bed home with me, it just that comfortable. Comfort kept up their end of the bargin. Now, with that said. I did have some problems with my A/C unit shutting every off every five minutes other than that I would recommend staying at Comfort Suite to anyone.

Room Tip: Just make sure you check you A/C unit as soon as possble.