“Comfort Suites KCK”

Comfort Suites Speedway - Kansas City
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We scheduled our stay in KCK to assist our Son and family in building a new deck on their home. As is always the case there was much more work to be done than we planned on and for two "70+ year young" people the facilities and the hospitality of the Staff were a God send. The room was large, clean and well laid out. The shower was large and the hot water never stopped. Ant to top it off, breakfast was hot, good and plentiful, I would highly recommend this facility to any and all.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
CSuitesKS115, General Manager at Comfort Suites Speedway - Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Thank you for your review of our facility! We much appreiate the time you took to let other travelers know how much you enjoyed your stay! Our staff hopes to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 29, 2013

We were very impressed with our stay! We were close to Legends Mall, Schlitterbahn Water Park, a variety of places to eat. The room was clean and the hotel staff very helpful. We loved the pillows. Our kids had a great time in the pool! Overall, very happy! Will stay here again!! Breakfast person was very very helpful. She made my kids waffles.
If you are looking to stay a while in the Legends area to enjoy all it has to offer, this is the place to rest and recoup after a long day! Even if you plan to just commute around to all the different things that KC offers, you will be right there between I-70 and I-435.
We will be back.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and to let others know about our facility! We much appreciate it and hope you return to see us again.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Our stay was enjoyable. Found it to be nice and quiet. Very nice lobby and the clerks were very friendly and accommodating. We arrived early but were able to get into a room. Another clerk had no problem answering questions about where to eat. The breakfast was good, I was impressed with the chocolate waffles. The milk in cartons tasted poorly (it had not expired), like going sour but I just took milk that was for cereal. The room was nice and roomy. The floor was wet by AC unit and the room smelled musty if we didn't keep the fan on high and temperature down. Beds were comfortable though. The pool was kind of small but adequate.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Jennifer M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Speedway - Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

I am happy that overall your were pleased with your stay. I appreciate your feedback regarding breakfast. We serve chocolate waffles once a week. Chocolate is an unique flavor and some guests seem reluctant to try them. . . so thanks for commenting on them. I do apologize for the taste of the carton milk. We receive our milk order twice a week; therefore, it should always be fresh. After reading your review I tasted both a 2% and whole milk. I found both to be fine; of course, it is probably a completely different milk order. I have heard your comments and will keep following up on this.
I also want to apologize for the floor being wet around the air conditioning unit and the room smelling musty. The air conditioners sit in pans that catch rain water and condensation. These pans are attached to drains to let the water escape. Sometimes the drains clog and the water overflows which causes the carpet to get wet. We do our best to clean the air conditioners and these drains routinely so that guest do not have this trouble. I hope that you let our front desk know so that we could correct the problem.
If you are ever in the area again, we hope you will stay with us. Please let us know if we can serve you in any other way.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Called down to the front desk to alert and request new sheets because the ones in the room had make up stains (fresh stains). Danielle (nighttime employee) answeres and stated that she would not bring sheets up because they were already clean. Then I stated that I needed the sheets and had to contine to ask for them. She finally said "fine, come down and get them." I stated that i was in my pjs and didnt want to come down. Danielle stated "I am too busy counting money" then hung up. I called back,the phone rang for 5 minutes until danielle answered. Danielle then stated she woud bring them up. 30 minutes later... nothing. I called back danielle stated that she would bring them up. Called back 10 mins later. A male answered the front desk phone. He saod danielle left for the day. He was very kind and apologized. In the morning, I spoke to a coworkers and asked when the manager would be available. The workers asked if they could help me. I briefly explained the issue. They told me I wasn't the first to complain about the linen and daniellles poor customer service and adviced me to speak to the another employee who was the person to ultimately reported this to the manager. Later the next day after the linen issue... when arriving back I saw danielle and asked her why was there a problem bring the sheets. The manager stepped in and said "I called you about this and no one returned my call." During the convo, the manager, Jennifer began yelling. And other customers walked in and said "oh my." Jennifer saod she was offended that we called down to complain about the hotel. I stated that I did not complain but I made a request. I continued to explain the issue of how danielle treated us. Danielle then interjected and said "if you have something to say say it to my face." I asked the manager if she thought that was ok. Jennifer said "actually yes. Eveeyone deserves to stand up for themselves." I then attempted to explain that I was having a conversation with her (jen) not danielle. Jen continued to say well I allow my night staff to be aggressive because I dont want them to get ran over. I explained that this was not customer friendly. Danielle said "go to your room and call it a night." I said "dont give me directions." Again I asked jen if this was ok in her eyes. Jen said no. So I asked jen to think about how danielle spoke to us when she wasnt around. Danielle said "well I was having a bad day." Jen said "well that makes sense." I said so you are excusing this. Jen said "yes, because I dont get complaints about her. And you guys are rude because danielle told me that you told her not to talk to you like that yesterday." I then asked if someone had to say that... that indicates that the person felt like they werent being spoken to nicely. Danielle continued to butt into the conversation and I asked her to stop. Jen said "dont tell danielle what to do amd I should have you evicted for arguing with my staff and myself." I stated didnt you just say it was ok to stand up for yourself. Seeing as though jen and danielle were going to side with each other. And that I felt that they believed they could talk to me how they wanted. And I felt that they thought I was ignorant and treated me as such.
In short, this hotel will be ran into the ground with a general manager such as jennifer. Danielle is being lead by jennifer and this will drive customers away. I know this is a franchise and I hate to rule out every comfort inn... but this will likely happen if the owner is not more receptive.
We typically dont stay at comfort inn but we used frequent flyer miles for the hotel... bad decision.

I apologize for any spelling or grammar errors. I wanted to get this review out asap and am typing on my phone.

• Stayed: July 2013
5  Thank drlys
CSuitesKS115, Owner at Comfort Suites Speedway - Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

I would like to apologize for this incident and have taken your review into consideration. I don't know what happened or what went wrong that put our staff at such a low standard as explained above, but I do apologize for the way our staff handled this and treated you. I'm confident there was an alternative, proffesional way of solving your concerns than what action was taken at the time and I can ensure you an incident like this will never happen again.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

The hotel is on a quiet street. Just off 435. One exit down there is lots of shopping, the speedway and Hollywood casino. I think there is a movie theater there too.
The hotel was quiet and well maintained. There is breakfast every morning. Staff is vey friendly.
I'd stay here agin

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank deezoomo

We much appreciate your review of our hotel and thank you for putting out a good word to fellow travelers. Come back to see us again when your in town!

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Absolutely no complaints about the room - clean, modern, etc. My stay at the Comfort suites was terrific. The room was comfortable, and created a tranquil environment that promoted relaxation. The lobby and public areas looked renovated recentleyand look sharp, updated and fresh. The staff was always very friendly and went to great efforts to ensure an excellent experience. I will be back in june.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank julia b

Thank you for your review of our hotel and thank you for being a return guest. We appreciate your business and look forward to providing you with great accomodations whenever you are in Kansas City. We are renovating again early this year so come back and check us out!

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Just spent a long weekend in the Legends area and stayed in rooms 306 and 308. There were five of us staying in these two adjoining rooms and it worked out great. They were very spacious rooms - 308 was the larger of the two as it was a handicapped accessible room. The rooms were situated on a corner right by the elevator so they were convenient. There were only a couple of times I noticed any noise from the hallway/elevator and that was children running up and down the hallway and screaming, so I really don't expect a room to be so noise-proof that you wouldn't hear that.

The hotel is located one interstate exit from the Legends Outlet Mall, Hollywood Casino, many restaurants and Kansas Speedway, so you do have to drive a mile to get to anything. The staff was very nice and helpful, the hotel seemed well-maintained and clean. Bathrooms have the hair dryer tethered to the wall (my pet peeve). Each room had a flat-screen tv, large refrigerator, microwave and tiny coffee pot. The breakfast buffet was typical, fresh fruit, dry cereal, egg patties, waffle maker, breads and pastries and yogurt. I did like their BIG coffee dispenser, always coffee available even when the breakfast area was packed. I did notice the waffle maker is very inconveniently situated on the breakfast bar though. Because it takes a few minutes to make the waffles, people stop at that point and congest the rest of the breakfast area which made it difficult for anyone else to get items or for the employee to refill items. They should find a different way to do it.

Overall, a good stay and I would recommend.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for such a detailed review of our facility. We are glad you enjoyed your weekend with us and thank you for sharing your experience with future guests!