“Excellent service ,clean room and Best Breakfast”

Comfort Suites Speedway - Kansas City
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Kansas City
Old Bridge, New Jersey
“Excellent service ,clean room and Best Breakfast”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Absolutely no complaints about the room - clean, modern, etc. My stay at the Comfort suites was terrific. The room was comfortable, and created a tranquil environment that promoted relaxation. The lobby and public areas looked renovated recentleyand look sharp, updated and fresh. The staff was always very friendly and went to great efforts to ensure an excellent experience. I will be back in june.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank julia b
CSuitesKS115, General Manager at Comfort Suites Speedway - Kansas City, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Thank you for your review of our hotel and thank you for being a return guest. We appreciate your business and look forward to providing you with great accomodations whenever you are in Kansas City. We are renovating again early this year so come back and check us out!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Lake View, Iowa
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Just spent a long weekend in the Legends area and stayed in rooms 306 and 308. There were five of us staying in these two adjoining rooms and it worked out great. They were very spacious rooms - 308 was the larger of the two as it was a handicapped accessible room. The rooms were situated on a corner right by the elevator so they were convenient. There were only a couple of times I noticed any noise from the hallway/elevator and that was children running up and down the hallway and screaming, so I really don't expect a room to be so noise-proof that you wouldn't hear that.

The hotel is located one interstate exit from the Legends Outlet Mall, Hollywood Casino, many restaurants and Kansas Speedway, so you do have to drive a mile to get to anything. The staff was very nice and helpful, the hotel seemed well-maintained and clean. Bathrooms have the hair dryer tethered to the wall (my pet peeve). Each room had a flat-screen tv, large refrigerator, microwave and tiny coffee pot. The breakfast buffet was typical, fresh fruit, dry cereal, egg patties, waffle maker, breads and pastries and yogurt. I did like their BIG coffee dispenser, always coffee available even when the breakfast area was packed. I did notice the waffle maker is very inconveniently situated on the breakfast bar though. Because it takes a few minutes to make the waffles, people stop at that point and congest the rest of the breakfast area which made it difficult for anyone else to get items or for the employee to refill items. They should find a different way to do it.

Overall, a good stay and I would recommend.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for such a detailed review of our facility. We are glad you enjoyed your weekend with us and thank you for sharing your experience with future guests!
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Our family of 5 (three kids ages 5-12) stayed here one night--the night before the big snowstorm "Q" that shut down Kansas CIty in late February. We had a two night stay booked at the Great Wolf Lodge just a mile down the road the next day for a short winter get-away with the kids. With the looming storm, we decided to find an affordable hotel nearby and come a day early to beat the bad weather (I was not going to spring $200 for an extra night at the GW Lodge). This Comfort Suites met our needs. Several other options a similar distance outside the Speedway/Legends area charged a lot more to house 5 people to a room, and/or were a tier lower in quality. The Comfort Suites was $80 before taxes. It is right off the highway and a block away from a church and a gas station/Subway (no concerns about the neighborhood). There were only a handful of people staying there at the time, so it was quiet. Check-in was easy and the facility was clean and pleasant. In the morning there was a good breakfast assortment--several good hot options: Make your own waffle, some bacon, etc. We did not partake in the pool or other amenities. The room was spacious and clean...a standard room, no complaints. There was a good 8 inches of snow by 10am and a truck did run a blade through the parking lot to clear a path. The downside was the residential street the hotel was on was not plowed at all. So if you had 2 wheel drive you were going nowhere. There was a fellow scooping sidewalks the whole morning, and offering to shovel around vehicles if you needed. Everyone was friendly. We had AWD vehicle and made a harrowing trek through the blizzard to the Great Wolf lodge just a mile away by noon. I have no complaints for this stay. it was a great value and location for our needs.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
CSuitesKS115, General Manager at Comfort Suites Speedway - Kansas City, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us comments regarding your stay at our hotel. We thank you for such a descriptive and honest review. We hope prospective travelers will appreciate your feedback as well. Thank you and we hope to see you and your family again in the future!
Derby, KS
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We were staying at this hotel for a volleyball tournament in the area. The room was a little narrow but no big deal. The bed was semi comfortable. Not the best I've been in but definitely not the worst. The room was clean and serviceable so not complaints there.

My complaint comes in the noise level! We were up until 2am or later listening to the room next to us rumble around and yell. I believe it was younger teenagers and I understand that will happen. I had to call down twice to the front desk. I truly believe the staff tried on each occasion to do something but were unable to. It all proved to be tiresome the next day.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Jennifer M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Speedway - Kansas City, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
I wanted to apologize for the noisy neighbors you had to tolerate during your stay. As the General Manager, I am always very frustrated by disruptive guests. It is very difficult to correct that situation as much of it is outside the hotel's control. I spoke with the Guest Service Representatives that were on duty that evening. The disruptive guests were warned once. The second time they were told that they would have to leave if there were anymore complaints. They front desk indicated that there were not more complaints and they did not hear anymore noise after the second warning. That is the protocol for disruptive guests so my Guest Service Representatives followed procedure. I know that does not help your situation, but I wanted you to know that I followed-up to ensure that everything was handled correctly.
Jennifer
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed November 18, 2012

There are plenty of other hotel choices in the area. Pay the $10-20 more, you will thank me later. I stayed here last night. I checked in at about 2am, after working about 16 hours. I was ready for a few hours on sleep then back to work. The front door was locked. I knocked on the door, and I woke the manager up from sleeping on the lobby couch. He opened the door and said "what do you want." When we were walking to the front desk, I noticed he had slippers on! Upon checking in I asked to make sure my choice hotel # was on my reservation, he said it was. My room was on the second floor and the key did not work. I went back down and when he saw me he responded by "you again" He said he fixed the key and I went up to the second floor and did not work again. I had to be up by 7 and checking in at 2am and going to the front desk twice becasue he couldnt give me the right key. I came back down the second time and he responded by "not again." The third time it worked. The sofa had stains on it. Gross. The walls in the bathroom were in bad shape. When I woke up and saw the bill under the door, of course my rewards number was not on there. The lady in the morning was nice and said she added my number to the stay. Next time in the area I will pay the $10-20 more for the Holiday In Express or Country Inn nearby.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Andrew B
Dear Andrew B.
I apologize for the trouble you had during your stay. The service you received from the Night Auditor, not manager, was utterly unacceptable. Please know that I take your comments very seriously because of your review that Night Auditor is no longer employed with us. I can't undo the service you receive from this employee, but I can let you know that the situation has been address.
Jennifer
Columbia, MO
Reviewed October 23, 2012

This is the second year in a row that I have stayed in this hotel and it is still very nice hotel. The staff were all very friendy, the rooms very clean and well kept. The bed was very comfortable and clean. The walls are very thin, especially if you are near a stairwell but, overall the stay was very pleasant. I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for leaving a comment about your stay. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for your business. We hope to see you again if you travel to Kansas City!
Atlanta
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Comfort Suites Kansas Speedway has a lot going for it: location is very good, rooms are spacious and well-appointed, the hotel was well-marked and well-lit, had interior hallways and a prompt elevator, and most of the staff seemed to care. I was very pleased with the accommodations as a whole, but a few issues were raised that the staff took note of and promised to look into. Unfortunately, if these issues are addressed, they will be resolved after we are safely back at home.
Check-in was easy and quick. We were assigned a handicapped-access room, which was ok--they usually have more space than the "normal" rooms. However, water shot out the side of the shower head as it sprayed forward, and I was concerned about causing a major water issue. I thought to change to the hand-held shower head (present due to the handicapped access), and, although it sprayed and functioned ok, the handle was broken and it would not mount to the wall, so I wasn't able to substitute it either. I reported this on the morning of the first day we were there, but nothing was done about it. It was only at checkout that the front desk staff seemed genuinely concerned about it.
The next issue was that the ice machine on the second floor was out of service at various times. The ice machine on the third floor always had ice, but this was somewhat inconvenient. We were told that this machine is a bit finicky.
The last issue is a little picky, but we have some concerns about the consumption of carbohydrates, and the morning breakfast was a little short on low-carb alternatives. Really, it just needed some better fruit and a couple of other offerings for those people who need a more balanced diet. However, this is a suggestion, not a complaint. A hotel breakfast bar that is included in the price is not a place to whine about not having eggs benedict.
Once again, this hotel was a nice place to stay when you're away from home.

Room Tip: Second floor ice machine has issues. Ok, that's kinda picky, but it's the best I've got...