American Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Gables Motel(Kansas City)
View Hotel
Chateau Avalon Hotel & Spa(Kansas City)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Made multiple complaints about bugs, they couldn't care less and refused to move my employees to a non infested room. When making complaints the front desk was not even the least bit helpful. Haven't had a vacuum run through my room in the 2 months we've stayed here.
If you have trash, and it doesn't fit into the very small trashcan they provide, they will not take it out if it isn't in that can, regardless of how blatantly obvious we make it. A trash bag I sat on top of the can was placed to the side, full of trash, to continue to trash the room.
Horrible service, horrible attitudes, and massive lack of customer service. Would not recommend for any sort of extended stay.

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank Hamstar83
Carol M, Director of Sales at American Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Dear HamStar83,

Please accept my apology for this late response to your review. I saw today that I missed a couple in 2013 and wanted to make sure to reply to your comments. I am so sorry you had such a horrible stay with us.
I do know that we have trouble with some extended stay guests that have been with us for months on end. There can be excessive personal items everywhere that prohibits us from successfully cleaning the rooms. If your trash was running over like that we wish you would have asked us for an additional can. The small cans will not accommodate more than one person and most of our extended stay rents are with 2-4 people in a room. We often request you put the trash outside your door. If it were piled on top of the small can waiting for us to pick it up it could wait a week. We clean monthlies once per week.
We have addressed your issues and we want to take care of all complaints.
All I can say is I am sorry and hopefully you will accept my apology.

Carol

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Great price - clean & front service was really good. A bit noisy from the Highway though but beds were comfy & the pillows were SUPER comfy!!! Better than the ones I have at home! WiFi - coffee in the lobby. Great location if you are traveling through.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Carol M, Director of Sales at American Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear Candy,

Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to write this review! We appreciate our guests and want to know your thoughts and concerns!
We are working on the weather stripping around the doors which will give better insulation from the highway noise.
I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the fluffy pillows! Also the great Front Desk service you received while staying with us is totally important since they are the first impression a guest has when coming in the door!
I hope you will stop in again when traveling through town!

Carol M Director of Sales and Marketing

Reviewed April 29, 2013

much nicer place to stay than most places i have stayed or will be staying in the future. very clean and friendly service. Very informed crew willing to help any way they can. easy access to places to eat and nice shopping center close by. Definately higher class place to stay than i am use to

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear Endeavorman...

Thank you so much for your review! I appreciate your wonderful comments and your compliment to Bianca! I know she appreciates your kindness!

I hope you will come see us again when visiting this area!

Carol M Director of Sales and Marketing

Reviewed March 23, 2013

The wi-fi doesn't always work. Some rooms have a refrigerator and microwave, however others don't have either. Have of the time the two plugin don't work and the heat is not reliable. Beds are different in every room so you never know how your stay is going to be. Very inconsistent. However, for the cheapest rooms around it is normally worth not paying the higher prices.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jalissa K
Carol M, Director of Sales at American Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Dear Jalissa,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I really do appreciate your comments and can tell that you have stayed with us several times. Thank you.
As far as the WIFI you will see on your next visit to us that we have upgraded our internet and it is working at top speed!
Anytime you need a room with a microwave and mini-fridge just tell the front desk at check-in and you will have a room that is equipped with both!
Please accept my apology for your heating issue. With having 158 rooms at 70-85% occupancy all year long, we sometimes have repairs to make!
We strive to maintain a place where our guests feel they can have an economical solution for their lodging needs , a clean environment and a good nights rest!

Carol M

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Checked in due to mechanical issues with truck. I was given a choice between Country Inn and Suites and this place. I went cheaper, but should not have. The night staff is awesome, but stay away from Hadley at the front desk (daytime staff), though. She throws your keys and receipt under the window. There were silver fish bugs under the bed covers. Disgusting.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Carol M, Director of Sales at American Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Dale,

I want to extend my most sincere apology for the experience you encountered while you were here with us. I promise we will talk to our Front Desk Clerk. I do appreciate your compliments about our evening shift! As a whole our entire Team with all six of our Family owned and operated Hotels are trained to treat each and every guest with the utmost respect and always with a smile!
I truly wish you would have called us at the front desk about the silverfish and we would have moved you to another room.I know that doesn't make it better for you now and I am so sorry that happened.

We stay at 80% occupancy with our consistent repeat Corporate accounts and we would like to be able and add your Company to our list ! We strive to have a place where our Guests feel that it is their "Home Away From Home"!

Please accept my most sincere apology.

Carol M