“not bad at all”

Ranked #15 of 21 Hotels in Kansas City
Kansas City, Missouri
“not bad at all”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Stayed here for the past week while attending orientation for new job, room was clean and even smelled clean, maid came to clean everyday. Free hot breakfast everyday except weekend, free shuttle to work and to stores. My only complaint would be no wifi signal when i was on second floor (5206), but great signal on third floor.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Chad W
Carol M, Director of Sales at American Inn, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Chad,

Thank you for your review! I appreciate your time and effort to tell us your thoughts.
We will be installing a new WIFI service this Thursday and I know this will make everything at all six properties run smooth!
I am glad you enjoyed your stay and I hope you will visit us again whenever you are in an area near either one of our six Hotels!

Carol M Sales and Marketing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Kansas City, Kansas
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I stayed for one night at first and it was great, then i decided to stay for a week and it was horrible. I was moved to another room that smelled, the lamps were lopsided, the towels were dirty and the phone did not work. Then they gave me another room which was just as bad, there were silver fish under the bed covers crawling around and again dirty towels and no phone. The last room was ok but I only took it because i was informed that I would have to wait 7-10 business days for a refund which i would get in the mail in the form of a check. I will not stay there again and will make sure that my family and friends know how horrible my experience was.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Alexis B
, Director of Sales at American Inn, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Dear Alexis,

I want to extend my most sincere apology for your experience at our Kansas City, Kansas location. We have been in business for 30 years and have situations arise from time to time. We promise to take your situation to heart and handle your complaint as quickly as possible. I will speak to Management in regard to your refund request. Please feel free to contact me personally if you have any further questions.

Albert Lea, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed May 25, 2012

my truck broke down, i need a place to stay while it was being repaired. the staff came and picked me up delivered me to the hotel. at the window i was promptly provided a clean quiet room with fridge and microwave. when we unsure as to when the truck would be finished they offered me a late checkout to assist me. all the staff were courteous and pleasant. coffee around the clock. only drawback is no pets if you are a driver with a pet. i would stay here again gladly and be happy to refer others to stay......Steve

Room Tip: they have no restaurant so hard to judge vending is plentifull though
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Carol M, Director of Sales at American Inn, responded to this review, May 28, 2012
We appreciate the time you took to give this review! I personally thank you for the kind words and positive comments.

Blue Springs, Missouri
Reviewed April 25, 2012

I have it very comfy here. Using free wifi on my MacBook Air to review site. Drinking coffee as I do so. I interact w/staff 24/7 and get problems generally fixed in rapid fashion. Hotel is near my church and family! Can it get better than this? Maybe something more to cook on/in than microwave, but I'd be homeless w/o this place. One takes what one can get.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Thank you for your comments! We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and hope that you continue to be our guest.

Oak Grove Mo.
Reviewed April 22, 2012

I stay at the American Inn during the week due to my job and I'm very happy with the accommodations. The staff is very efficient. I've been staying there since January 2011 to the present.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Carol M, Director of Sales at American Inn, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
I appreciate your review!

You have been a long term guest with us and for this we want to say "thank you"! We really do try to make everyone feel "at home" when you are away from home for work or traveling.

Again, thank you so much for your comments!

Carol- Sales and Marketing Director
Winterport, Maine, United States
Reviewed February 8, 2012

This is the grossest hotel i ever stayed at. the following is not an exaggeration. pulled into the hotel. cop car parked in front. I should have taken that as a sign. go inside to the bullet proof window to get a room. I take a non smoking. entering the room, it stinks like a wet ash tray. upon staying the night, i discovered.... 1. patched up bullet holes next to the front door. 2. a big stain on carpet in front of bullet holes appears to be an old pool of blood. 3. only one electrical outlet in the room, and it was occupied by the mini fridge. 4. a blister of something over the bed on the ceiling that was oozing. 5. old food wrappers and takeout under the bed. 6. no towel racks or hooks to hang towels. they had to sit on the dirty toilet. 7. upon asking for the wifi password, I believe the service was wireless dial-up. never had a slower service than that in the last 2 decades. 8. called front desk to see about getting a shampoo, they said to just use the little bar of soap instead. 9. we were moving across the country, so we had electronics and tvs in the car. we felt they were safer staying outside in the car, than taking them in the room. 10. crumbs in the bed. 11. crums in the comforter. 12. safety chain on front door missing completely. 13. little smeary things on the walls that appear to be boogers. 14. heat only worked no A/C. this was summer. honestly I have to wonder how this motel got any positive feedback here from anyone. I wonder if the posters are employees or managers here. because I am pretty sure there is no way they were at the same motel.

i

Room Tip: do not stay here. do not bring a black light.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank Andy G
Dear Andy G...

I have recently started following up on the reviews and apologize to you for any discomfort while staying the night with us. To the comment about the police car, we have nightly security for our guests and it happens to be an off - duty police officer. Our guests are happy to have him there. Most hotels have very little on-site security.
I assure you there have been no shootings at any of our hotels. As far as the bullet proof glass...it is necessary for insurance benefits as well as our employees who work there.
The electrical outlet situation has been addressed and has been changed.
We have completed our roof repairs so the blister you saw was simply water that had collected in a small pocket.
We have taken measures with house-keeping to be more efficient when cleaning our rooms. We do have towel racks in the vanity area where the towels and washclothes are folded and inserted.
We have upgraded our Wireless Internet in all of our locations as of the end of February.
Concerning your other complaints, please accept our apologies.

We need our guests to inform us upon arriving to their room if they have any concerns as we can move them to another room and take care of the issues immediately.

Carol- Sales Director
Kansas City, Kansas
Reviewed November 4, 2011

It was pretty nice staff was awesome and we stayed about a month they met out every need and hepled whe it was possible due to limited budgeting they can only do so much it is wyandotte county after all but out of all of them this is the best in the area for the price you are paying....

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Casey H...

Thank you for your review. I have recently been reading and commenting on past reviews and appreciate receiving this one from you.
We try to base our locations on Quality and Value. We are American owned and operated and realize the need for affordability during this down economy.

Thank you again for understanding our goals!

Carol-Director of Sales