“Room smelled of smoke and the pool is a swamp!!Do not stay here!!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Oak Tree Inn Kansas City

Oak Tree Inn Kansas City
Oak Tree Inn Kansas City
Ranked #14 of 21 Hotels in Kansas City
“Room smelled of smoke and the pool is a swamp!!Do not stay here!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Not what the pictures look like online!Smells like smoke and the pool is a swamp in a bad neighborhood!Do not stay here!Booked the hotel for the pool for the kids saw the pool after we paid and it was black and filled with plastic bags so now the kids don't get to swim after an 8 hour drive from Colorado!

• Stayed June 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
GM_OTI, General Manager at Oak Tree Inn Kansas City, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear Candy H,

I apologize for your unhappy guest experience. At Oak Tree Inn we strive to give our guests the best possible experience during their stay. We have retrained our staff and focused them to provide an excellent experience and better quality food. Please allow us to have another chance at providing you an excellent hotel stay.

Best Regards,

Pete Cooper

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

Staff was unfriendly, bad breakfast all around, pool looked like a swamp, trash overflowing. The room was decent. Would not stay again and would not recommend to family/friends. Not at all like what was portrayed.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Jenna E
Dear Jenna E,

Best Regards,

Pete Cooper
Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

Bed sheets were clean. Towels were old. Mattress lumpy. Noisy street. Not well lit part of town. Next to a sonic. Everything is old. Shower is weak. In room Coffee pods don't fit in room machine. Onsite security guard. Really cheap toilet paper.

Stayed June 2014
GM_OTI, General Manager at Oak Tree Inn Kansas City, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
I would like to start by thanking you for staying with us at the Oaktree Inn. I am pleased to hear the cleanliness of our rooms met your expectations. We take a great deal of pride in making sure that our rooms meet our guests standards. I will be sure to pass along the positive commits to our housekeeping staff. As a guest of The Oaktree Inn we value your input as your concerns are our concerns. Thank you for insight on your stay as we look to improve on our guest's overall experience
Vicenza, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

The room was adequate for our needs, but would probably not book again. The hotel is easy to get to off the highway, but is in a more run-down area of KC. Our reservation was located quickly, but the desk associate asked if we booked through a third party (I had called the hotel directly) and though I booked 2 Queen beds, we received 1 King (not such a bog deal, so I did not complain). The fire alarm was pulled, forcing us into the parking lot to await the fire department; we were told people pull the alarm regularly. There is also a severe lack of access to wall outlets.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Cleanliness
GM_OTI, Manager at Oak Tree Inn Kansas City, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Thank you for your comments, from all of us at the Kansas City Oaktree Inn I would like to thank you for staying with us. I am disappointed to hear that we did not meet your expectations. I can assure that we will strive to correct the issues addressed above. We understand that as a traveler you have numerous options and we value the input of our guests. All of your concerns have been discussed and we hope that if in the area you will be willing to give us a second chance.
Wollongong, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

My mother and I were booked in, and after a long wait with the desk assistant not being able to find out reservation we were finally granted our room. We were all settled for the night, until we realised that the toilet was clogged. We went to front desk and asked for a plunger, and after 45 minutes we still didn't have one. My mom then went back, they handed her the plunger and basically told her to deal with it herself.
We finally got a room change. It was a horrible night's sleep. And the breakfast was cold. Will NOT be staying here again!
For the extra 10$ a night, we should have staying at the Holiday Inn Express, just up the road!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Sofia S
Omaha, NE
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

I tried to stay at this hotel. When calling to book an extra day I was told that they didn't have my prepaid reservation through expedia. After 1 hour of research with me on hold, multiple calls from Expedia to the hotel, they finally found my reservation that the hotel had booked incorrectly for a month prior. Then, still trying to add a room, I was transferred again after being assured the room was avl for that night. After another 30 min on hold at Expedia, they can't get the room even though the hotel shows it available. While waiting for Expedia to call the hotel again (it's been 1 1/2 hours now.) Expedia disconnects my call. 1) never book a hotel via Expedia. 2) never stay at this hotel. My experience on the phone was enough for me to cancel the reservation.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Trinidad
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

This hotel took what was suppose to be a happy trip for me and turned it into a nightmare I got sick and still unwell the room was clean but smelled of smoke which made my sinus go off I had to get medication I called and asked the location of he hotel how close to Overland Park was it I was told no more 10 min maybe less I had a meeting to attend to on the 9th of April a very important meeting I could t get to it because it was over 1 hr and 1o min away my other meeting was 6th and 7 th the location was so far off no where to have dinner places I would not eat I had to eat at apple bees day after day. From. My hotel room you could hear loud bang of a noise that would wake me all hrs of the night I got very little sleep to top it off when I tried getting help from the front desk I was verbally and loudly spoken to by front desk staff her name is Sandra when I went to ask to speak to the manager I she would not get her I was shaking thank god a little while after Natalie came to front desk and tried helping me at once she was a sweetheart Kimberly the sale manger stepped in at once when she saw what was going on got me some water and tried to assist also being very clam and talking to me my blood pressure got so high I was bleeding from my nose by time I went back to the room I'm back in my country now but I would like my full refund from this hotel I was lied to abused and got sick due to stress. In all this mess I'm a good person and never forget kind people to Kimberly and Natalie I thank you for being at that hotel god knows I might have ended up in a hospital.

Room Tip: Don't go to this hotel I'm sorry but my experience there wasn't good I'm sorry if it...