“Kansas City”

Holiday Inn Express Village West
Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed December 30, 2011

Reasonable hotel, nothing special, but clean and comfortable enough

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed October 23, 2011

This hotel is right near a nice shopping plaza and restaruants. Our room was very clean and quite. The previous year we had stayed closer to the airport in Kansas city and there is nothing around them so no place to eat but the hotels, therefore this year we decided to stay in this Holiday Inn and it was much better location. The breakfast area is nice and food was good, one computer in the lobby for use and worked well. The pool and jacuzzi looked nice although I didn't go in it. Overall, nice place for an overnight.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2011

First time to Kansas City and this hotel was recommend by the people I work with. On the road for business is always hard especially when it is your birthday. I came back the night of my birthday to find a card that said wishing you a wonderful day. Holiday Inn Express Management and Staff and a wonderful bag of special snacks that they purchased. Not sure how they knew but it was the best surprise.... Thank you Management and Staff for your kindness...I definity will stay at this hotel again..Very convenient and a lot of places to eat and shop....Staff is very nice and the hotel is clean and quiet...Make you feel like your home even away from home....

Room Tip: I stayed in roomm 327 and it was quiet and nice...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Brenda L
Reviewed September 25, 2011

I stay here 10 nights a year and always have a good nights sleep. Clean with nice staff.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 18, 2011

My friends and I stayed at this Holiday Inn around the weekend of July 22nd through July 24th. This wasn’t too difficult to find as we used a GPS. Little did I know that it was located near the Legends shopping area, a place in which I had been before. Upon entering the front desk area the hotel looked well kept and clean and the lady at the front was very courteous and professional. It was me and 4 other friends who shared one room. The room had 2 queen beds and a sofa bed. Upon entering and checking out the room we were satisfied until we found left overs in the fridge from the previous patrons.

All it took was one phone call to the front desk and someone was up at our room taking care of the problem. My friends and I attended Schlitterbahn water park the next day. It wasn’t too far from the hotel, maybe like a 5-10 minute drive at the most. This Holiday Inn is very well located because there are restaurants nearby along with the Legends shopping area which contains Dave & Buster’s along with many other great restaurants and sights. All are within a walking distance if you can bear the KS summer heat and humidity. Downtown Kansas City was about a 15-20 minute drive. My friends and I planned on attending a local club in downtown Kansas City with the intention of having a few drinks. We were going to be responsible so we decided to ask the front desk for some cab service. Unfortunately, the taxi cabs don’t come out to this Holiday Inn since it’s in KS, but we did find transportation. We were referred to Xcellent Unlimited Transportation and were picked up at the specified time, transported to our destination, picked up from our destination, and taken back to the hotel for a fairly reasonable rate. The 5 of us split the cost of transportation.

Our room did not get cleaned while we were out, but we were fine with that since we were ok with sleeping in the same sheets. It’s not like anyone else was going to come into our room. Plus, I also understand how many gallons of water and how much time it takes to clean up those sheets from EVERY room in the hotel even when they aren’t needing to be washed. My friends and I didn’t spill anything on the bed or cause any messes that would warrant the sheets to be changed. Towels? We brought our own and used our own. All of us have had horrible experiences with our valuables being stolen due to cleaning services coming into the room while we were out and about so we were okay with them not coming into our room.

This hotel was the closest place that I could find that was close to the Schlitterbahn water park. Yes, triple digit rates can be high and cut into an individual’s budget, but considering the location of this hotel and all that it provided it was well worth it. The breakfast was great, nothing extravagant, but it was always staffed and the quantity of food was always maintained that way no one would have to wait. My friends and I would probably end up staying at this place again if we come back to Schlitterbahn Water park.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 10, 2011

The staff we so nice. They only had two rooms left as we were in kansas to see a nascar race with my 4yr old. We first went to the regency whick was the WORST hotel I've ever seen. We had breakfast every morning and the staff gave us coupons for local restruants. I cant wait to return!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 31, 2011

We checked in around 8:30 p.m. and we upgraded to the family suite due to overbooking. Kirsten gave us coupons to T-Rex when she found out we were going there. The suite was clean and very roomy! Breakfast was great...eggs, ham, sausage and biscuits, pancakes, cinnamon rolls, etc. It is in the Legends shopping area, so it is very close to LOTS of restaurants and shopping if you are looking for that. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family