“We will definitly be back!”

Holiday Inn Express Village West
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed August 10, 2011

The staff we so nice. They only had two rooms left as we were in kansas to see a nascar race with my 4yr old. We first went to the regency whick was the WORST hotel I've ever seen. We had breakfast every morning and the staff gave us coupons for local restruants. I cant wait to return!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 31, 2011

We checked in around 8:30 p.m. and we upgraded to the family suite due to overbooking. Kirsten gave us coupons to T-Rex when she found out we were going there. The suite was clean and very roomy! Breakfast was great...eggs, ham, sausage and biscuits, pancakes, cinnamon rolls, etc. It is in the Legends shopping area, so it is very close to LOTS of restaurants and shopping if you are looking for that. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 28, 2011

My room was not clean, the sink was dirty. There were still items in the fridge from the previous guest. The beds were poorly made (the pillows where thrown in place). There was no replenishment of shampoo/conditioner and the hand towels were not replaced. The hotel items were not in place (Coffee maker cup was out of place and stayed out of place). They sent me the floor supervisor and she cleaned and got it acceptable, she has very helpful and apologetic. As of for me I will not stay in a Holiday Inn anymore. I think is disrespectful with your patrons. This is my home away from home and does not make me feel comfortable. Completely Unacceptable for $139/night! Motel 8 will be better.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Fanito01
Reviewed February 27, 2011

We stayed in this Holiday Inn Express last night & it was the worst experience we have every had with a hotel stay. Our 1st complaint is there isn't a sign on the road directing you how to get into the hotel. Only one entrance/exit to the hotel & it's NOT EASY to find! Our 2nd complaint is the BED!! We stayed in a 2 queen bed room, & BOTH BEDS were the MOST UNCOMFORTABLE beds!!!! Our backs are killing us today!!!! :( We paid $136.00 for our stay there last night & now we wish we had just driven home!!!! WE WILL NEVER STAY @ THIS HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS AGAIN & WOULDN'T/WON'T RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jennybob01
Reviewed October 29, 2010

It's your standard Holiday Inn. We were only there one night and so I cannot rate the room service, though my room was clean (could have used a little more thorough vacuum). Good fitness center & free internet. Breakfast was OK...not something you want to fill up on.

We were woken up in the middle of the night by the fire alarm. We were told it was pranksters, but now that I think about it, I never heard nor saw the fire truck in the 15 minutes I was outside. So I don't know if it really was a prank or a false alarm (for example, why is the desk clerk trying to manipulate the alarm panel? Thought only the fire department can do that).

If you see another fire alarm review, I'd stay away.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2010

Priority Club Platinum Member who stayed at this location the week before the Kansas City NASCAR race. It was a very bad experience. This was a business trip and unknown to the manager, with whom I met on my arrival day, this was a site/hotel evaluation from out company. Next month we would be buying over 30 room nights in the week

In room 218, the refrigerator do not have a freezer unit so if you are planning to microwave dinner a few nights during your stay you have to buy your dinner daily as you cannot keep even ice cream frozen in the refrigerator. On the Thursday before the race, I paid $339 (before taxes) that night for a King Room and room service did not even empty the trash, clean out the coffee pot, or replaced used cold (plastic) or hot (styrofoam) cups from the day before. I had no cups in the room on Friday morning. The breakfast buffet was OK (they ran out of Apple juice at 7:00 AM on two mornings) but they only served scrambled eggs once that week and the egg omelets served the other 3 mornings I was there were either all overcooked or burnt at the edgers (some very brown to black burnt).

After that trip I did not return and stayed elsewhere with over employees on the project. I DO NOT recommend this site to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank bloke1_at_mail_org
Reviewed July 22, 2010

Almost everything was good except for the thermostat in the room. It would not hold the temperature we wanted so about every hour I would wake up hot and had to turn it back down. The next day I told the front desk about the issues which they gave us a nice discount because of it. Other than that everything else was good. Plus you are walking distance from Legend's Mall and Nebraska Furniture.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple