“Amazing Mini-Vacay”

Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Kansas City
Norcatur, Kansas
“Amazing Mini-Vacay”
Reviewed February 11, 2011

We had a blast in our themed suite at Chateau Avalon! Made many new, FUN memories that we will always remember, we are already planning another getaway!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Saint Joseph, Missouri
Reviewed January 23, 2011

Chateau Avalon has something for anyone wanting to just get away for awhile . We stayed in the Serengeti Suite and were very impressed. From the time you walk in the front door until you leave everything was great. The staff are very helpful and quick with requests.. We had no real reason to stay here other than just something to do for a saturday night . We will be going back very soon to try a fwe other rooms .. dont let the price turn you off to staying here ....pricey? yes, but for what you get it is well worth it.. other jacuzzi rooms in the area only run about 50$ less than a room here.. so why not do something with a little flare thrown in .. Plus, one nice thing was they do not cater to the rich or are stuck up in anyway .. One thing we liked (although we have a 10 yr old daughter) Is there are NO children/annoying teenagers anywhere.... nice and quiet .. Can't wait to go back ... after reading the Negative reviews on here i have to say either 1. these people are CRAZY or 2. just not able to be pleased ever.. do yourself a favor and book a room NOW

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Platte City, Missouri
Reviewed January 11, 2011

It was a wonderful and relaxing night. Ther breakfast was wonderful to have delivered to your door and eat in bed. It was amazing to just rest in the wirlpool tube.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Osawatomie, Kansas
Reviewed December 20, 2010

My husband and I stayed at Chateau Avalon for our 1 year wedding anniversary. I was very pleased overall with the experience. We were able to get a great deal on a 2 night stay, so I didn't feel the price was all that bad. Though, I probably would not stay for full price. We felt that the staff was very friendly and very helpful.

We stayed in the Roman Dynasty Suite. The room was a little smaller than expected, but still comfortable enough. The room was very clean, but did not smell overwhelmingly like cleaner.

The jacuzzi tub was so much fun, though yes, it is truly hard to get out of (especially if you are short) My husband had to help me get out so I wouldn't fall. Now onto the bed....this has to be one of the best hotel beds we have ever slept on!!! So, so comfortable.

We loved having breakfast delivered to the room. I hate getting up early and getting dressed just to get breakfast. So having it sent to the room is awesome. I loved reading the journal that is in every room, written by guests whom have stayed in that particular room before you. Some of their stories were so funny.

The hotel is in a great location. Its away from the crazy traffic of The Legends area, but still close enough to get to within minutes. Plenty of places to eat, places to shop at, and things to do. We will definitely be returning to try out some of the other rooms!!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed December 7, 2010

A bed and breakfast hotel, but the breakfast is done via room service with a generous menu. We chose one of the smaller, less expensive rooms (less than $140/night including breakfast), and it still came with a jacuzzi tub for two right in the room - a remarkably romantic room for the parsimonious. Very comfortable four poster king bed. The rooms are named according to style - ours was the "Seville", obviously Spanish style - but don't think you will be getting something that's individually done by an interior designer. They are nice, clean, comfortable, quiet hotel rooms, with just a hint of the appropriate styling in the furniture and the sparse artwork.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Manhattan, Kansas
Reviewed December 5, 2010

My boyfriend and I tried this hotel twice. I think it was better the first time because well, (1) I didn't pay for it, and (2) We didn't get anything else added onto it. But this time, I was so displeased with the experience that I actually searched reviews so that I could write a bad one.

First off, the room that we bought (The Hemingway) was not very big at all, there was hardly any room to put our things. The fireplace was a nice touch, but the heat part didn't do much. The robes are very uncomfortable and the pillows were a bit lumpy. The tub was hard to get in and out of (I actually had to have my boyfriend hold my hand so I didn't fall) and the shower head was so short that he had to bend down to get under it (he's tall, but not that tall).

We were extremely excited to take this trip for our one year anniversary together and this was my gift to him. I paid for the Romantic Glow package ($70) which included 10 tea lights around the bath tub, bubble bath gel, champagne upgrade, 6 chocolate covered strawberries and a signature rose petal turn down. The rose petals were nice, I enjoyed those. As for the bubble bath, it was a travel size bottle, though I expected it to be a full size bottle. The champage was good as well, but when they brought the strawberries, they only brought 4 instead of 6. I was going to double check online to make sure that they were wrong... But guess what? Really bad internet connection. So no wi-fi.

Another thing (and maybe this is just me...) but there was no refridgerator. I know that might ruin the elegance of the room, but when I go out for a $25 steak and don't finish it, I would like somewhere to put it later.

Around 8:30, we called to get a jumbo chocolate cookie (which was $4) and the lady on the phone was very dismissive, didn't even say goodbye. The cookie took at least 35 minutes to get to our room, and was about the size of a cookie I could buy at a grocery store for 99 cents.

So my boyfriend and I fell asleep to one of the few good movies they had in the DVD library (it is very limited and most of the movies are old and outdated) and woke up in the morning to a breakfast delivered to our door. Nice touch, but not nice enough. The last time we went there (back in March) we had our breakfast delivered at the latest time so that we could sleep in but it tasted really old so this time we decided to have it delivered at 8.

Nothing was really different about the breakfast this time, it still was not very good. The eggs were bland and the fruit was warm. (This time the fruit seemed pretty fresh, but last time I remember it being older). The hot cocoa was not very good and the milk was definitely not ice cold.

I'm sure I could think of more, but I'll leave it at this: It was DEFINITELY not worth what I paid for, and I will not ever be going back.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SarahWirtz
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed November 30, 2010

In today's hustle & bustle, having an adventure get-away so close is awesome. Even if it was just for one night, our adventure was well worth it. Everyone needs a little extra fire to ignite the romance candle, and Chateau Avalon has the match for you!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Residence Inn Kansas City at The Legends
Comfort Suites Speedway - Kansas City
The Raphael Hotel, Autograph Collection
Hampton Inn Kansas City / Village West

Been to Chateau Avalon Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!