My wife and I stayed here for our 8th anniversary. It was great. This was the wedding celebration we needed. We stayed in the Renaissance suite. Although it was not their most expensive suite it was great. Much larger than a normal hotel room: at least 12 foot ceilings. The bed was amazing, without a doubt the most comfortable we've slept in at a hotel (and nearly more comfortable than the one we have at home). We thoroughly enjoyed the 2-person jacuzzi tub with the built-in ambient lighting. Very nice touch. I couldn't give this place an excellent rating because of a few minor details that didn't exactly ruin our stay, but kept our stay from being perfect. As these other reviews have mentioned, the food is not perfect. It did arrive on time and it was hot. The jacuzzi tubs need some safety handrails to help when getting in and out. Also, it would be handy if there were some towel racks and robe hooks near the tub in arms reach. Finally, there is definitely a lack of soundproofing within the building. It's not unbearable, but you can hear the "activities" of the other guests. I won't end on a negative note, so I will say this, overall our stay at Chateau Avalon helped to create a memorable anniversary celebration for my wife and I. She is usually not too fond of getting away just for us to be alone. However, she was really won over by this place. While we were enjoying the jacuzzi tub she suggested we come back and try a different room some time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rated by AAA's Midwest Traveler Magazine in 2012 as the #2 Small or Boutique hotel in the Midwest, the Chateau Avalon is Kansas City's unique boutique escape. We offer suites that appeal to the escape oriented couple as well as the business traveler that seeks a high service and memorable hotel escape. Recently the hotel has added the d'Nile Wine Bar, an eclectic Egyptian concept bar with hand crafted cocktails and some of KC's best wines. In 2013 the hotel renovated a number of the Classic corporate suites to better serve the needs of our business clientele. With wifi and wired internet, new desks and executive chairs and study lamps the Chateau Avalon is now the best hotel in the West KC market for overnight business stays. Contact sales for discounted group rooms and corporate repeat guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Chateau Avalon Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau Avalon Hotel Kansas City
- Chateau Avalon Kansas City
- Kansas City Chateau Avalon