“Great room, great time, great memories” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chateau Avalon Hotel & Spa

Chateau Avalon Hotel & Spa
Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Kansas City
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great room, great time, great memories”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2005

My wife and I stayed here for our 8th anniversary. It was great. This was the wedding celebration we needed. We stayed in the Renaissance suite. Although it was not their most expensive suite it was great. Much larger than a normal hotel room: at least 12 foot ceilings. The bed was amazing, without a doubt the most comfortable we've slept in at a hotel (and nearly more comfortable than the one we have at home). We thoroughly enjoyed the 2-person jacuzzi tub with the built-in ambient lighting. Very nice touch. I couldn't give this place an excellent rating because of a few minor details that didn't exactly ruin our stay, but kept our stay from being perfect. As these other reviews have mentioned, the food is not perfect. It did arrive on time and it was hot. The jacuzzi tubs need some safety handrails to help when getting in and out. Also, it would be handy if there were some towel racks and robe hooks near the tub in arms reach. Finally, there is definitely a lack of soundproofing within the building. It's not unbearable, but you can hear the "activities" of the other guests. I won't end on a negative note, so I will say this, overall our stay at Chateau Avalon helped to create a memorable anniversary celebration for my wife and I. She is usually not too fond of getting away just for us to be alone. However, she was really won over by this place. While we were enjoying the jacuzzi tub she suggested we come back and try a different room some time.

• Stayed June 2005
10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2005

I was somewhat shocked after staying at the Avalon for 2 days to read all of the great reviews it has had. I was married on June 11th and we were given a 2 night stay for our honeymoon by her parents. If it had been up to me, I would have rather have stayed in a $50 dollar a night room somewhere else and saved the leftover money for going out for dinner and drinks. Our bill for 2 nights Sat and Sun was $480. The room was the Egyptian Palace themed room. It was no bigger than the smallest "cheap" MOTEL room that I've stayed in before. They have used the internet and media to make this place into something that it isn't. It is not worth the money. They have no pool, saunas, gym, or even a channel selection. It was a good thing I am from the area, because I would have gone insane watching the 15 channels that they had on their "Premium" channel selection as the manager put it to me. They tout that they have a great DVD selection, which compromises nothing more than the DVDs that the owner must have got bored with and dropped off one day from his personal selection. Both mornings that we were there our breakfast came late. The second of which I personally took the order to the front desk the night before to make sure it was taken. And then when I called to find out about it in the morning they said they didn't have one for our room. How is this possible? IMO - In my oppinion you would be much better off staying at the Great Wolf Lodge across the highway, or even finding a Holiday Inn or something cheaper, because this place could only impress hillbillys that haven't ever seen a TV before.

• Stayed June 2005
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
21 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2005

Stayed 1 night and my wfie and I were not impressed. There was loud music from the room next to ours and an alarm going off in the other room next to us on the other side. It's obvious there was not good soundproofing done during construction. You can hear I-70 and I-435 clearly all night long. They played music all night on their outdoor speakers, one was right outside our window in the Venetian Palace. Room service was terrible for the price of the rooms and the food variety was poor. We ordered egg croisant, they brought us a ham and cheese omlet- - twice, on the third try they brought us an egg omlet. We just gave up. There is no refrigerator in the room either. I wish we would of gone over to K.C. MO to a real first class hotel.

• Stayed May 2005
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
14 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2005

We've stayed at the Chateau Avalon twice now and enjoyed it both times. The themed rooms are charming - we stayed in the Mayan Rainforest once and the Buckingham Room the second time. Even though we're from the area, our stays seemed like we were worlds away on vacation. The whirlpool tub is very relaxing and it was nice having a DVD player in the room with DVD's to rent from the front desk. The breakfast, served in your room, is excellent. The hotel is a bit pricey but worth it.

• Stayed December 2004
12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2004

We went to the Chateau Avalon for our 10th anniversary, and stayed in the Lincoln Bedroom. The room was absolutely beautiful, complete with a king-size bed, big screen TV, DVD player and Chroma Therapy hot tub for 2! We had a wonderfully, romantic fantasy night. They even served us breakfast in the morning! The staff was friendly and catered to our every need. We can't wait to go back!

24 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kansas City
BEST WESTERN PREMIER KC Speedway Inn & Suites
The Raphael Hotel, Autograph Collection
Residence Inn Kansas City at The Legends
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kansas City at Village West
Comfort Suites Speedway - Kansas City
Hampton Inn Kansas City / Village West

Been to Chateau Avalon Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!