I booked the Castaway Isle Suite for 1 night for my boyfriend's 40th Birthday. I called and made arrangements ahead of time to have the "Romance Package" added while we were at dinner and estimated that 8:00 would be a good time for the staff to do that.. We checked in much later than I had planned and still needed to shower and get ready to go out for dinner at Legends close by. Initially I was disappointed when I saw no iron or ironing board in the room, but when I called the front desk requesting the items; they were brought to the room right away. We didn't leave for dinner until after 8:00. When we returned to our room about 10:30pm everything in the Romance Package was in place, except for the chocolate covered strawberries & cream. Instead there was a little note asking me call the front desk before 10:00pm to have them brought to the room. Since they didn't know what time we would return, it made sense not to leave them out. However, it was already 10:30 and I thought there might be a problem. When I called the front desk, the gal was very courteous and said it was not too late and had them brought right to our room in less than 10 minutes. Every encounter we had with the staff was excellent. The Jacuzzi tub with the cool lighting is the best feature in the room. The surround sound was great for setting the mood. The sparkling cider was fantastic and the breakfast was excellent --especially the coffee and huge cinnamon roll. The room was clean, cool and the bed was absolutely heaven and we slept very well.
I've done a lot of travel and stayed at different hotels and B&B's but this was unlike anywhere I have ever stayed and was a really memorable event. If you're looking for a 5-star hotel with all the amenities, this is not it. It is a quirky themed style inn that caters to younger adventurous lovers. If you are watching every penny or want something big and roomy then opt for something cheaper, but if you want to treat your sweetheart to a really unique romantic getaway (and score bonus points for being so creative) where you can play off their fantasy themes then go for it. You won't regret it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rated by AAA's Midwest Traveler Magazine in 2012 as the #2 Small or Boutique hotel in the Midwest, the Chateau Avalon is Kansas City's unique boutique escape. We offer suites that appeal to the escape oriented couple as well as the business traveler that seeks a high service and memorable hotel escape. Recently the hotel has added the d'Nile Wine Bar, an eclectic Egyptian concept bar with hand crafted cocktails and some of KC's best wines. In 2013 the hotel renovated a number of the Classic corporate suites to better serve the needs of our business clientele. With wifi and wired internet, new desks and executive chairs and study lamps the Chateau Avalon is now the best hotel in the West KC market for overnight business stays. Contact sales for discounted group rooms and corporate repeat guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Chateau Avalon Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau Avalon Hotel Kansas City
- Chateau Avalon Kansas City
- Kansas City Chateau Avalon