All reviews wine bar themed rooms jacuzzi tub rose petals mayan rainforest romantic getaway serengeti room jesse james chocolate covered strawberries castaway room cinnamon rolls camelot suite wedding night hollywood casino kansas speedway race weekend sporting kc
Reviewed October 16, 2013

My husband and I spent an October evening at the Chateau Avalon. The rooms were extremely small and the jacuzzi tub doubled as a shower. The place was nice and included breakfast delivered to your room, unfortunately the cinnamon-swirl french toast was delivered hard and cold. We visited the D'Nile Bar while we were there, very nice and great happy hour prices. We were not unhappy with our stay but would probably not return.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Laura T, Guest Relations Manager at Chateau Avalon Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2013

carrottsandpeas -

Here at the Chateau Avalon we take pride in our breakfast being delivered hot and delicious right to your door in the morning. We do get behind occasionally and a breakfast may be delivered not up to our standards. However we are happy to remedy the situation as soon as we are informed our error. Some of our rooms are more spacious than others and many of the rooms do have the shower in the tub but there are quite a few that have the shower completely separate.

I am happy to hear you enjoyed spending time in our d'Nile Wine Bar and Patio - Another thing we take great pride in! Thank you for taking time out to write a review. Without reviews we wouldn't know what we need to work on, so it's greatly appreciated.

I hope sometime in the future you will revisit and give us another try. We do have tours Sunday through Thursday 12pm-3pm so you can see all the rooms and pick the one that will be perfect for you.

Best Regards,
Laura

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Pros: Very conveniently located if you are attending a Sporting KC game, going to the Kansas Speedway or eating/shopping in the Legends area. Unique themed rooms with nice, relaxing baths. Ours was an Egyptian themed room, which was a little creepy, but interesting nonetheless. Staff was nice and responsive to our requests.

Cons: Wireless Internet is very slow. We had some noise problems, as our room was right next to the outdoor patio area and the room above us had something that sounded like a loud, continuous drip. I'm a light sleeper, so that was torture!

All in all I'd say it was just average.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the patio.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dustin_Franks -

Thank you so much for the wonderful review & sharing both the pros and cons to your stay! We have so many different concepts and next time would love to accommodate a room on the other side of our hotel for you to help with the noise that may occur from the patio. I am so sorry to hear about how your night trying to sleep went, I hope upon your departure the drip was mentioned so we could fix it and avoid it disrupting another guests night too.

Thank you again for taking the time to write a review!
-Laura

Reviewed October 6, 2013

It is difficult to write a review of the chateau Avalon. We loved the place, and stayed five days during a trip to the Kansas City NASCAR race. The hotel has so many positives, but also some problems. The staff were all great. The bar manager is great, helpful and always cheerful. The shuttle drivers were always awesome. The rooms were fun and interesting, but whoever designed them didn't stay in them. For example, the Havana room was cool, but no room for our stuff, a shower that soaked the room, and only one useless plug.

We had problems on checking, with our first room being occupied, the next with a leaking toilet, and the third just too poorly designed. We finally ended up in the "Hemingway" room and really liked it.

Even with the problems we enjoyed the hotel, and would return if in Kansas City. I'd suggest you give it a try.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Chr0me_Drag0n -

Wow! Thank you for such a detailed and great review! NASCAR Weeks get pretty crazy and I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed it here! Some of our rooms however, as you noticed are smaller than others. Whenever you are next in Kansas City again and plan on returning - let us know your previous story and we will do our best to make sure and accommodate a room that's a little more spacious for you! - We have quite a few and I am sure we can make something work.

Thanks again for taking the time out to write a review and despite some of the negatives still looking at all the positives! We hope to welcome you back soon!

Best Regards,
Laura

Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

We stay here twice a year when we come to town for business. While my husband is working there's great shopping close by for me. The hotel is a very cool place. Each room is themed. That sounds silly but it's a lot of fun. We stayed in the presidential suite and loved it. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone!!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We've stayed here a couple times and have had wonderful experiences. Our favorite room so far is the Venetian. All of the rooms offer spa tubs and are themed differently! So fun! The service is always great. They offer lots of extras to add more touches of romance and they are all worth it! Ordered dessert last time and it was yummy but a bit frozen still, they need to work on their breakfast the stay would be that much better. Every time we go I keep hoping they improved in the breakfast department but am yet to be impressed with that aspect. Oh well here's to hoping! We will still go back again and again!

Room Tip: The Venetian is our favorite! Very romantic!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple