Situated across the road from the Kansas Speedway, it's a ways out of Kansas City near the freeways, but feels like it's in the middle of the countryside.
Every room is themed and there are lots of pros and cons.
My room was the Presidential Suite and when you enter the room it's a library and a restroom. Nothing else. You need to know the secret to getting into the bedroom.
While that's cute, it did make it a bit of problem with late night bathroom trips!
It's a case of "designer unfettered, guest ignored" and nowhere is that more apparent as when trying to negotiate the steps up to and then into the shower/jacuzzi. There's ducking involved and a big drop down. If you aren't nimble you might have to skip it. They should have put the shower into the restroom to avoid these perils.
The bed was fabulous, the pillows to high for me.
Other than the bed, desk, TV and jacuzzi/shower, there's nothing else in the room, not even coffee. There's no luggage rack, so I had to put my bag on the floor.
A continental breakfast comes on a tray at your chosen time and is set outside your door. If you forget, it goes cold.
Frustratingly, the internet didn't work in the room as it is too well insulated. There is free onsite parking.
It was lovely, but needs to have some quirks knocked out of it to be anything more than the kind of place you come to for a special occasion.
Bring your loved one for an anniversary and weddings would be wonderful here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rated by AAA's Midwest Traveler Magazine in 2012 as the #2 Small or Boutique hotel in the Midwest, the Chateau Avalon is Kansas City's unique boutique escape. We offer suites that appeal to the escape oriented couple as well as the business traveler that seeks a high service and memorable hotel escape. Recently the hotel has added the d'Nile Wine Bar, an eclectic Egyptian concept bar with hand crafted cocktails and some of KC's best wines. In 2013 the hotel renovated a number of the Classic corporate suites to better serve the needs of our business clientele. With wifi and wired internet, new desks and executive chairs and study lamps the Chateau Avalon is now the best hotel in the West KC market for overnight business stays. Contact sales for discounted group rooms and corporate repeat guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Orbitz and HotelQuickly so you can book your Chateau Avalon Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau Avalon Hotel Kansas City
- Chateau Avalon Kansas City
- Kansas City Chateau Avalon