We arranged to stay 2 nights in the Camelot suite for an anniversary trip and it all went downhill from the start. We had arranged for some "extras" in the suite, since we were celebrating, and not all of them were present -- bubble bath and beverages were missing, and we had to call the front desk twice and ask. In the suite itself, the giant walk-in shower had black mold growing in it, and wiring was hanging from the ceiling of the bathroom. There was a lot of noise coming from the hallways, parking lot and other rooms -- the walls and windows were quite thin, all things considered. There were tables set up right outside our window behind our bed where other patrons could visit, drink and smoke -- did not feel very private. Despite being right next door to the Legends and all the restaurants there, the staff was unable to provide any menus or recommendations, except for a delivery pizza places located 15 miles away.
Later on, we arranged for our special "evening dessert" to be delivered, and it was the thinnest slice of pastry imaginable, and came without the advertised ice cream. When asked about the ice cream, the staff just shrugged. After we finally went to bed, we found the mattress very uncomfortable -- so much so that we could not get to sleep on it. Also, the lights from the parking lot came right under the curtains and hit us in the face when we laid down to try to sleep -- no amt of curtain shuffling or stuffing towels underneath blocked it. Finally, we ended up checking out at 4am and going home, as it was so uncomfortable. The desk staff was nonplussed when we announced we were leaving in the middle of the night and said they did not have the "authority" to do anything for us. We had difficulty getting any money refunded and did not get a full refund, finally having to dispute it with our credit card company.
This place seemed like a beautiful idea, but ended up ruining our entire weekend with the noise, glaring lights, mold, poor service and other issues. I cannot recommend it to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rated by AAA's Midwest Traveler Magazine in 2012 as the #2 Small or Boutique hotel in the Midwest, the Chateau Avalon is Kansas City's unique boutique escape. We offer suites that appeal to the escape oriented couple as well as the business traveler that seeks a high service and memorable hotel escape. Recently the hotel has added the d'Nile Wine Bar, an eclectic Egyptian concept bar with hand crafted cocktails and some of KC's best wines. In 2013 the hotel renovated a number of the Classic corporate suites to better serve the needs of our business clientele. With wifi and wired internet, new desks and executive chairs and study lamps the Chateau Avalon is now the best hotel in the West KC market for overnight business stays. Contact sales for discounted group rooms and corporate repeat guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cancelon, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Chateau Avalon Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau Avalon Hotel Kansas City
- Chateau Avalon Kansas City
- Kansas City Chateau Avalon