“Good Food, OK Service”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Overland Park, Kansas
“Good Food, OK Service”
Reviewed December 17, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The food was good here, the service OK. They have a good selection on their menu. If you are in the area of the Legends, this is a fairly good option.

Visited December 2013

Kansas
“Good service”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

We ate here on a Tuesday evening. We had the 6 oz. filet and shrimp. The steaks were cooked perfectly and the shrimp was also nice. Alec, our server, did a nice job. My only complaint was that I found a piece of cellophane between the bacon and the steak. I told the waiter and the manager came over and offered us a free dessert, which we were too full to accept. I wasn't even going to mention it, but thought the kitchen should be aware of the problem.

Topeka, Kansas, United States
“Greasy”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We had lunch there recently. Ordered fish and chips which were fresh off of the grill. Good flavor but needed to be drained of the grease before being served. The restaurant was very quite, not too many tables were occupied.

Topeka, KS
“Just "meh" at best”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Hubby and kiddo and I stopped in for a late lunch / early supper here on a Sunday around 4:30 p.m. There were plenty of open tables at this hour and we were seated immediately. Our server was pleasant, but not as knowledgeable or as attentive as we would have liked. She took our drink orders and we perused the menus. I unwrapped my silverware from my napkin and saw that my knife still had food stuck to it. Ugh.

I was sad to see that this restaurant doesn't offer lower-calorie menu options. We got our waters and my kiddo and I ordered, but my husband had some questions. Instead of trying to help him through the menu, she just kept asking if he needed more time and that she'd come back. So finally, he just picked something. She brought out his salad and the rolls with the sweet butter. He asked for freshly-cracked pepper, and instead got a story about how they "used" to have pepper but that the 2-foot shaker got lost... blah blah blah.

The rest of the food came out quickly, but it wasn't impressive. I ordered the steak salad... the lettuce was limp and didn't look very fresh. The steak was cooked just as I asked, but one whole side of the small steak was nothing but gristle. The salad was covered in fried onions that didn't seem very fresh, so I picked all of those off.

Hubby's steak was cooked as he asked, but it wasn't great. Kiddo's burger "tasted funny" and she only took about two bites before rejecting it outright. Even though most of the food was still on our plates, the waitress seemed oblivious. All in all, we ended up having to flag her down three times, and another waitress kept our waters filled.

The place was clean and in good repair, and everyone was very nice... but I doubt we will return. There are too many other really good places in this area to settle for mediocre food and service.

Topeka, Kansas
“Wonderful Place”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

They have a nice selection on their menu, although I have only tried one thing, I get the salmon every time it is fantastic and prices are good. Nice decor and friendly staff.

Visited March 2013