“Haven't been here for a...”
Review of Quick's Seventh Street Bar-B-Q - CLOSED

Quick's Seventh Street Bar-B-Q
Cuisines: Barbecue
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Haven't been here for a...”
Reviewed July 28, 2008

Haven't been here for a few years, but I used to enjoy their cheap, good barbecue.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Gainesville, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 2,052 helpful votes
“earl quick's bbq”
Reviewed October 20, 2007

now i aint trying to mess with texas, but it has been my experience that there are two bbq meccas in the usa, memphis and kansas city. my recent visit to kcmo only served to reinforce this belief and further ensconce kansas city over memphis. having been an ollie gate's fan for decades, it was my pleasure to sample oklahoma joe's in the gas station, an earl quick's bbq on merriam lane this past week. while okla joe's had outstanding meats, i am going to have give the title to earl quick, going out on a limb. outstanding flavor packed ribs, magnificent smoked brisket, even the chili dog was the bomb! here the sides weren't quite as appealing as okla joes, but no bean any where ever rolled my eyes back in my head like that final bone alone at quicks. plus earl quick's is a true to form bbq joint, unlike what gate's has become and even okla joes. though okla joes mkaes wuite a stement from the back of a gas station i must admitt.

4 Thank Bbqman3341
Cleveland
“As good today as it was 25 years ago!!!!!!!”
Reviewed October 2, 2007

I lived in KCK 25 years ago and had Quicks then. It is as good today as it was 25 years ago. In fact, my daughter was 8 when we left and is getting married this weekend. All she wanted for the rehersal dinner was some tof those "delicious ribs you used to bring home when we lived in KC" Dad!

4 Thank Buss-sFriend