“Best Tacos Al Pastor I've Ever Had!”
Review of Bonito Michoacan

Bonito Michoacan
Ranked #29 of 265 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: Mexican
Kansas City, Missouri
“Best Tacos Al Pastor I've Ever Had!”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

What a hidden gem this place is. They have the BEST tacos al pastor I'v ever had. Even better than when I had them in Mexico recently! Tender meat, pineapple, lime,onion, cilantro and salsa verde! Yum. Have heard the tortas are delicious too. Make you try a their Horchata drink. Delicous!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank SaraMichelle403045

“Good burritos.”
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

I've been here three times. Every time I get the mega burrito with a different kind of meat. They have a ton of other stuff but I'm a white country boy so I have no idea what half the food is. Like I said good burritos though. Fresh meats. Fresh salsa. Yum yum

• Visited February 2013
Otavalo, Ecuador
“$1 Tacos on Tuesdays and Thursdays! So Good!!!”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This place is a wonderful hidden gem. I went to the Olathe, KS one and loved it. We ate at the little restaurant in the back and had their $1 tacos. They were so good! I highly recommend the "Asada" or "Pastor" flavors. Plus, I had a great time looking at all the different items they have in the market area. Lots of fun items to discover there. Great experience!

• Visited May 2013
Ames, IA
“Excellent Mexican restaurant and market”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

This is a really good taqueria and market. There were a great variety of tacos and things--lamb--that we'll have to go back and try another time. There was a self serve cart filled with salsa, pickled peppers, onions, pico, limes etc. The market had a meat counter in back and a nice selection of fresh vegetables. There were some staples like beans available in bulk--something I'd never seen at a Mexican grocery. This might be one of the best Mexican places in the midwest--so far, better than any one I've come across in Iowa.

• Visited May 2013
Puebla, Mexico
“Authentic Mexican food and grocery.”
Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

I have not had a chance to eat at the restaurant side but I did get to peruse the grocery, bakery and meat counter. After living in South America for a couple of years finding a store that has a good selection of Hispanic food is a real treat. My top purchase was a bottle of maracuya (passion fruit) nectar that tastes true to the actual juice which is a hard thing to accomplish. I will be recommending this store to anyone in the area that wants authentic Hispanic products or Mexican food.