“Good, solid hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Kansas City
alberta
“Good, solid hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Right next to Legends Mall; close to restaurants, etc. Very clean and safe hotel - found the staff to be excellent and very friendly. Everything was easy - from check in to check out and breakfast was great; well stocked and again very clean. Would not hesitate to return.

• 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Clayton, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Great workers, nice and clean hotel. Very easy to get to where i needed to go from this hotels location. Upon arrival I was greated very nicely. When I asked for directions they were all over it. I would defiently suggest staying at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

MarsheilaRunnels, General Manager at Hampton Inn Kansas City / Village West, responded to this review, April 21, 2016
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Hampton Inn Village West is a very nice and clean hotel. Very close to shopping, race track and restaurants.
I wish I could remember the name of the young man who checked us in on the 6th because he was very helpful and polite. I unfortunately can not say the same thing for Stormy who checked us out the next morning. She barely had time for me once she acknowledged that I was there.
We will stay again when in the area because over all it was a great stay and great location.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Manhattan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Great Staff, Excellent service, fast and friendly place to stay. Very neat and clean. Welcomed when we checked in. Warm smile very courteous staff. Close to alot of resturants, close to Schlitterbahn, the race track and the ball park. Easy to check out. Comfortable beds. Great nights sleep.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

The staff is the jewel in this location. They appeared to go out of the way to make sure that all of our needs were met. The location is awesome. The hotel sits amid the KC Speedway and the Legends Mall. This mall has to be one of KC's treasures. If the opportunity arises, I would certainly return.

Kansas City, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

This hotel needs an update. It has not aged well. I'm going to assume it was put up as fast as it could 10 years ago because this property is in terrible shape. The lobby was going through renovations during our stay which I can only hope for future guests that it is the beginning of a complete overhaul. Renovations happen, that is part of business and the lobby renovation does not impact my rating.

As others have mentioned, the elevator is slow. Just use the stairs. The carpets in the room and hallways are visibly worn. Our room had cracks, stains and repairs that were easily seen. The ceiling was patched so there was a very bright white spot where the repair was and the rest was not as bright. They didn't repaint, just patched and left. I bed engulfed me when I laid down, I don't need a firm bed, so I didn't care, but if you are bed sensitive you will know. The room clearly needed a newer mattress.

The location is good for walking to Legends, soccer matches, Cabelas, a drink out, etc. I didn't ask, but there is a casino nearby, I would only assume the casino or the property would have a free shuttle (about 1.5 mile away). You could walk there, but it wouldn't be safe given the lack of sidewalks and street lights between the two. Not the case for walking to Legends, it is made for walking.

Next time, We will try to stay at the Best Western or another nearby property. I would recommend you do too. I do want to add if I find out there is a complete renovation on this property, I would stay again and review again, but not until that happens.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank D K
Please come visit us again in our newly renovated hotel!
Wichita, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I have always been very happy with Hampton Hotels, but this one offers great options. Many restaurants near by, as well as shopping and clubs. All within walking distance. The rooms were kept very clean and the front desk staff was extremely helpful. I felt like I had everything I needed and if I didn't, a staff member was ready to help. Thanks for the great stay!