“Gggrrrrreat Wolf Lodge”

Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Kansas City
Choctaw, Oklahoma
“Gggrrrrreat Wolf Lodge”
Reviewed October 24, 2010

The hotel was beautiful, the water park was awesome, and the wizard game in the halls was a huge hit for the kids. Friendly staff, clean facility, and a great time!

Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
Reviewed October 21, 2010

This place is over priced and just one big tourist trap. "Howloween" events consisted of traipsing through the halls to the various locations to spend more money-and crappy candy from overworked staff. Staff was rude, and either the guests are all unusually loud or this hotel has the thinnest walls of any ever built. It's dirty, worn down, and not worth any penny you'll pay.

• Stayed October 2010
Okeene, Oklahoma
Reviewed October 13, 2010

A friend and I took our kids (4 kids age 3-9) to the Lodge for a summer long weekend- had a wonderful time! Check in was a little slow and women's bathroom in the water area could have used a little better maintenance but great service the rest of our stay. Lifeguards were extremely attentive and had positive attitudes. Definitely plan to go again!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
St Charles, MO
Reviewed October 6, 2010

Stayed for a day and it was more than enough. You are allowed to check in at 1pm and start using the indoor water park even if your room isn't ready until 4pm. The room was spacious, but older and clean enough. Our so-called "view" from the balcony was of the air conditioning unit for the hotel. There are many activities for kids, however EVERYTHING costs extra. Mini-golf, the interactive "wand" game Magiquest and the arcade, etc. We just did the waterpark. We put in 4 hours and it was more than enough. There are 3 big waterslides that are a blast if you're over 52 inches tall. There is a pool area with water basketball and a water playground. We enjoyed the hot tub area too. The hotel staff was friendly and offers a bedtime storytime, wolf walk nature info time and they have wolf mascots dressed up to greet the kids. The morning we checked out we COULD have stayed after exiting our room, and used the water park all day, but like I said, we'd gotten enough the day before. The weekday prices are SOOO much more reasonable. I suggest booking for 1 night, swimming twice if you want to and definitely book during the week to save.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Nebraska
Reviewed October 4, 2010

I have stayed here with family at least 6 occasions in last 5 years. Appears to me that little of the money they rake in here goes back into the place. The carpets on the entire level (2) we were on were worn and coming up off the floor (like a bunched up rug) creating a tripping hazard. The beds are the worst I have ever encountered in a hotel, other common areas worn and dirty. I ordered a hot dog to go from the restaurant for my daughter. The lady asked for my Room number and wrote it down. Was supposed to take 15 minutes, took a half hour- attitude was pleasant but not like they were interested in speed as a goal. Then, after getting everyone to bed, including me, the restaurant called at 10:30 and said they had not been paid for th hot dog. I said I gave the lady my room number ( which is exactly how they knew to call me) and she then asked if I wanted to charge it to my room . . . YES! I'll pick a hotel with a nice pool next time and save a hunted or so bucks rather than return. This place is getting to be real dumpy, which is a shame.

1 Thank Jason G
Vermillion, South Dakota
Reviewed September 23, 2010

Concept is good, but VCRs in the kids' bunk bed area??? I haven't seen a VCR in ten years. I never considered stopping by a second hand store to find some old tapes to entertain our grandchildren. Mattress comfort was terrible, sleep was very fitful. Kids' meals at the lodge restaurant: $7.99 for a hot dog?? Wow. Went to IHOP down the road the rest of the visit, kids eat free for families staying at the lodge. Channel selection in rooms was very poor, a hotel designed for families has no Nickelodeon or Cartoon channels??? They rely on their waterpark, which was very good for an indoor facility, to compensate for inadequacies in every other part of the lodge.

1 Thank jawbreaker11
Claremore, Oklahoma
Reviewed September 7, 2010

Upon enterign the first room we found an unmade bed, refrigerator unplugged, door open and sitting between the two beds. The carpets were filthy and the room smelled of mildew. The front desk was courteous and arranged for a "clean" room. The carpets were dirty, not as bad as the first room and the smell of mildew was worse than the first room. The bathroom was dimly lit and there was mold in the bathtub. I again went to the front desk at which time I was greeted by a manager and taken to yet another room. The room was clean, but still smelled of mildew. The manager said "honestly, I don't smell it." It was just gross. The manager was kind and provided me with another hotel in that area where I booked a room-I recommend the Holiday Inn Express, nothing great, but the rooms were clean. We did pay for my daughter to play in the waterpark and she loved it. It really is a great indoor waterpark and well mainatined.

1 Thank randbpayne