“Great time at GWL!”

Great Wolf Lodge Kansas City
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed October 29, 2013

This was our second stay at the GWL-KC and it was even better than the first. We stayed in a Wolf Den suite and the kids loved the bunk beds. In addition to all the fun activities they normally have, they had several fun Halloween activities going on as well. We did the trick or treat trail and the free pumpkin decorating both of which the kids loved. We also splurged for the magiquest game (which is overpriced) but my boys 8 and 6 had a blast doing it and wanted to leave the waterpark to finish playing it. I only wish we had started it sooner instead of the day we were leaving. The hotel was extremely busy (I think one employee said they were sold out) but we still had great service from check in, to ordering pizza, to the employees at the Cub Club. They were all super friendly and helpful. Thanks for a great weekend!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,404)

Reviewed October 26, 2013

The facility is starting to show a little bit of age in the water park. The room I had Family suite was fine.. The only issue I would say is that there is some noise from other rooms above and adjacent. I did not expect to hear people walking on the floor above me. It reminded me of living in a cheap apt complex. The staff were friendly although did not record our phone number correctly to notify us when the room was ready.

Breakfast buffet was a bit of a let down. It was smaller I size than I expected and the food had sat under the heat lamp to long. I would have liked to see more variety and choices in food offered. The cereal bar has only two options for dry cereal. We ordered two cups of coffee brought to the table at diffrent times. One was lukewarm from the previous pot.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We recently had a fun road-trip, family weekend with a 2-night stay at the Great Wolf being the highlight of the trip.
We have 3 kids and stayed in a kid cabin suite--so all the kids could stay together. The themeing is fun, but for the price we paid I wish more had been included.

Mini Golf is an additional fee, all meals are an additional fee. Magic quest games were $30 (or so we were told) and their is an upcharge for any of the crafts in the Cub club.

The room was a great size, but the walls are thin. It sounded like a herd of elephants were in the room above us. The bed was "well worn" and hurt my back.

That being said, the water park was super fun and my kids enjoyed the freedom that we gave them (husband included in the "kid" category").

I don't think we will stay here again or any Great Wolf Lodge really. I don't think it was worth the price, even with the water park included. But I am glad we stayed and gave our kids this experience.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I purchased a Kids Cabin with a Zulily deal. It was a bargain for $199 and a $30 food voucher. The place is in general, a bit overpriced but the kids loved it. I took my four year old and nine year old and both had a blast. The beds in the main room were very comfortable, the bunk beds in the cabin were so so. The room was large and spotless. The only negatives I have are that when people are running around upstairs, it sounds like a herd of elephants, so bring ear plugs. The other negative is that the food is not good so I would go to one of the many other restaurants nearby for meals. The lifeguards were excellent.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed here only because I won the accommodations for 3 nights. We did not use the water park. The amount for three nights was over $500.00. For that you would think you would at least have new mattresses!! the beds were uncomfortable. They really need to refurbish this place. Every time we went back to our room, you could smell a stale odor. And unless you have money to burn, DON'T order drinks at the bar here. They are quite expensive.. I would not ever pay to stay here, but that's just me. All the kids looked like they were having a ball...

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wanda B
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Overall the Lodge is a great place for a family friendly vacation. The water park is excellent and all the kids had a great time. I love the safety standards that are in place and the constant watching by lifeguards. There are several activities planned outside of the water park which the kids enjoyed. The only downside here was the train ride to get pumpkins...they didn't have any pumpkins. Other than that minor set back the kids had plenty to do and enjoyed every minute.
From a parents perspective things were not as bad as I had imagined. As I stated, the water park was fun for all ages and several security measures are in place to make one feel comfortable even if you can't see your child.The planned activities were fun for the kids so there is no room for complaint there.
The biggest complaint came on our last day. Check out is at 11a.m. We went to the water park after breakfast and returned to our room at 10 to change clothes and check out. However, upon arrival we found housekeeping had already cleaned our room. She was still in the hall so when I asked about our beverages from the refrigerator she produced them from where she had hidden them on her cart (a nearly full 6 pack). I went to a friends room and called the front desk and was told they would call me right back after speaking with housekeeping manager...they never did.
We will stay here again, but this last bit leaves a bad taste.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room called Wolf Den. It has a double bed and bunk beds. The bunk beds are in a faux...
1  Thank Rdrinabr
Reviewed October 15, 2013

While I will agree with some of the current reviews and say that the resort could use some updating; especially in the guest rooms, I would not trade my mini vacation at the Great Wolf Lodge! While my Husband and I like to travel and look to newer resorts, this time we were taking our three year old son with us and it was a trip for him. We actually cancelled our reserved room at a Sheraton in KC, an opted for the Great Wolf Lodge instead and am very glad we did. While the room could have been a bit cleaner, and use some updating, we didn't spend hardly any time other than to sleep in the room so it wasn't a big deal for us at all. The bed wasn't great, but wasn't horrible like I expected. The waterpark was amazing. My son had an absolute blast spending the afternoon and evening going down the waterslides and playing with Mom and Dad in the fort area. The next morning the first words out of his mouth were, "Can we go swimming???".

Room - We had a "Kids Cabin" and enjoyed the roominess, but needed updating and a bit better cleaning as we found things like raisens in the middle of the floor. The walls are a bit thin and had to call the front desk as it sounded like a stamped of hippos above us at 11:30 PM. but the bed was OK, the fridge was convienent for a nursing Mom, and the kiddo enjoyed sleeping on the top bunk.

Resort - The staff there were all pretty amazing and helpful. The lifeguards were very attentive and eased my Mommy fears having a child that is not a swimmer yet. Also, the live jackets provided were great, no need to bring your own. They will nickle and dime you as it is geared towards kids (think blinking toys for sale in the lobby), but the fact that all of your fun is contained in a resort it helps with costs associated with leaving the resort.

Overall, we were very happy. There were a few things we would change, but we plan to make this a yearly family tradition from now on.

Room Tip: Try and get a room away from the lobby.
1  Thank Michelle F