“Great place to stay!”

Hilton Garden Inn Kansas City
Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Great location and nice room. Had a Keurig in the room for my morning tea which was nice. Refrigerator and microwave too! Staff was friendly and parking was free behind the hotel in a secure parking garage. Would stay here again for sure!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 13, 2014

We have traveled across the country and loved every single hilton brand hotel except for this one. We booked last minute on points and got a 2 double bed room. We knew we were in for smaller than the queen beds we were used to, but that is the only bed size this hotel carries besides the king. The manager was very kind upon check in. We arrived late and just wanted to get up to our room and go to sleep after a long day of adventures. Once we got into the room my daughter found urine in the toilet, with the seat still up. There were food crumbs and trash in the floors and a big blue stain like bubble gum had been scrapped up recently on the carpet. I decided to call the manager to alert him to our dirty room and when I leaned down to reach for the phone I noticed a FULL Cinnamon BUN or Donut with a few bites taken out of it on the edge of the ill fitting bed. The double bed was just sitting on what appeared to be a queen size frame and there was about 2-3 extra inches on either edge of the bed frame which was annoying in itself. I am not sure how the maid would not see a donut when changing the sheets... so my fear is did they change the sheets??? I did speak to the manager and he was very apologetic and said that is not their standard and offered to have us possibly move a few rooms down, but we had already unloaded and were very tired so we declined the offer and just went to relax and sleep. I did ask him for 2 more breakfast certificates since there were 4 of us for breakfast and only 2 get it free with hhonors. He did oblige and had them waiting for me in the morning.
Unfortunately the hallways of the hotel smelled musty and damp and the room smelled the same. The mini fridge in the room was left open by someone (maid or last occupants) also, so when we arrived it was hot, wet from the defrost around the bottom and took most of the night to end up barely chilling our drinks. We had insulin that we needed to keep refrigerated, so that ended up staying in a cooler we luckily had instead of the fridge.
When I checked in I saw a note on the registration desk with a description of how to change settings on your mattress to fit your comfort... I am not sure if only certain rooms had this feature, but ours did not. Our mattress was the smallest and most uncomfortable one of all 11 hotels we stayed in during our 19 day trip. My husband and I agree that we will avoid any other double beds if we can help it. Why don't they just make people more comfortable and spend the few extra dollars per room to upgrade to queen mattress? This night and room were not typical for a hilton property and I am not sure if we just happened to have a dud as according to other reviewers they enjoyed this property. There was a fairly bad storm for about 30 minutes after we checked in and our TV service was out for most of the time, so we ended up just turning it off and tried going to sleep.
On a more positive note the breakfast was nice, the juice was excellent and the service was fast and friendly! Parking was ample and seemed safe as we had no issue with that.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
HGI-KCK, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with our guest rooms. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

This was a lovely hotel with very friendly and accommodating staff. The rooms are spacious with nice amenities. Kuerig, small refrigerator, microwave. The beds are very comfortable. The parking is free. There is a small bar and restaurant. While I didn't dine at the hotel a friend had salmon that looked wonderful with lovely vegetables. The iced lemon water in the lobby is a nice touch during hot and humid weather. I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: I was on the 5th floor with a north facing window. It was quiet and very comfortable.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank KSTraveler1212
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Quiet, clean and great staff. I have stayed here many times and I am always satisfied. I'll stay again whenever in the area. Across the river from KC-MO too which is convenient for those nights I want to be in the city.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 3, 2014

This is a very central hotel 5 mins from Union Station and Towers. Located one side a Industrial and on the Res/Public Offices. Parking arm was broken in parade but the day we checked out. There is a pretty good Mexican restaurant within a 2 min walk from the hotel. The hotel was for the most part very quiet. We did have an issue with a broken closet and no towels but they were resolved, however our toilet was running constantly from check in to check out (didn't bother us greatly though). Drinks at the bar were good but very pricey, my long island was over 10 bucks... Breakfast was not free. We had no problems with the free internet. They did have a pool that look decent but we didn't use it. Only complaint was that we had to wait at reception for someone every single time (other than check in), which got old fast. Would stay at again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Good Hotel, Hotel A/C HAD water coming out of it, The parking Arms was broken. Great staff. Would recommend Again for a stay. Farther away from the city then I though. Very quiet area, Very Industrial.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 1, 2014

This hotel has been completely redecorated within the past year so it's like new again. Staff is always friendly and helpful. Free parking garage is a plus. And location is convenient both for Kansas City, Kansas and for downtown Kansas City, Missouri.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
#5 of 109 in Kansas City
Hampton Inn Kansas City/Downtown Financial District
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kansas City at Village West
Hotel Phillips Kansas City, Curio Collection by Hilton

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Kansas City? Share your experiences!