“Satisfactory”

Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Kansas City
Seattle, Washington
“Satisfactory”
Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

Although this hilton garden meets our expectation for the amenities such as free wifi, fridge, microwave and fitness center, I was disappointed with the condition of the bed. It seemed to have lost its support and became very soft and we were unable to adjust using the number knob on the side. I did bring up this issue the next morning to the manager but was unimpressed with his reaction and offer to buy me breakfast. There's nothing worse than unfit sleep after an overnight stay at a hotel where one expects a good night sleep. At the very least, I would have expected a discount or points to my hilton honors or a free night in future stay for the trouble. I would not recommend this hotel unless the beds have been investigated and upgraded.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Although just across the border in Kansas; the hotel is located just minutes from central Kansas City, MO and offers complimentary parking which is great for a hotel that close to town. The staff is very friendly and accommodating, particularly the staff in the restaurant. The breakfast was wonderful - the Eggs Benedict was a great surprise on the buffet. The only negative that we encountered was very dry air in both of the rooms that my party occupied but the restaurant staff certainly rehydrated us very well in the morning.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Front desk staff didn't seem to be pleasant at all when I arrived as well as my checkout experience. No one didn't seem to know how to catch bus from their property. I was not able to print remote from my room to the business center.

Milwaukee, United States
Reviewed November 19, 2013

The hotel worked out well for our stay. We were participating in the horse show. It's location was ideal for this event. The staff were helpful and the rooms quite and comfortable. The amenitities were good. We only took advantage of the breakfast once due to our schedule and the workout room as well.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Louisville, United States
Reviewed November 17, 2013

The hotel is way over due for a rehab. The restaurant wait staff was very rude. I am a HHonors Gold but will not visit this hotel again. The best part of this hotel was it's close proximity to the business I had to conduct.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGI-KCK, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Kansas City, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
We pride ourselves in providing each and every guest with a high quality experience and it seems we have fallen short during your recent stay. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused to you while staying with us. I will follow up with my team immediately to ensure we take all necessary steps to make sure this does not happen in the future. Thank you again for sharing.
St Louis, United States
Reviewed November 12, 2013

The hotel staff was very accommodating, however the location is not central to where I need it to be for my work. The general area seemed to have low economic value. it is one of the only hotels that I have stayed in where there is a security guard that is required for overnight.

San Diego, California
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Can depend on the hotel for good service. I don't normally dine there when I stay but had a good burger in the restaurant this trip. The rooms are good with some upgraded k cup type coffee - good in room coffee is always a plus from me. Close to downtown but need to drive to get there.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Hilton President Kansas City
Hilton President Kansas City
#14 of 109 in Kansas City
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,052 reviews

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Kansas City? Share your experiences!