“Business Trip”

Hilton Garden Inn Kansas City
Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Everything worked well at this hotel from checking in to quality of the room. Good equipment in exercise room. Not much more I can say as everything clicked at this hotel and I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We were traveling through and decided to stop in Kansas City. We had been to Kansas City before and knew which parts of town to avoid. This hotel was walking distance to the nicest part of town with great restaurants & shopping. Our room was very clean, quiet, and the staff was great!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mommyoffive
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We were attending a family wedding over the weekend. The hotel was centrally located to the wedding and not far from the National WWI museum. The staff was great. The only hiccup was they were out of shampoo so they gave everyone 2 conditioners, which was odd.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 29, 2013

The process of booking/checking in was simple. However the front desk staff was rude at times. When we walked in 3 of them were standing there chatting. Two of them just kind of looked at me as if to say, "what?" The man standing at the desk was slightly friendlier and checked me in. The night shift front desk staff was worse. With all the other hotels in the area, next time I would probably choose a diferent one. Also, there is no complimentary breakfast. The food was a little below average and cost $10. Also, wait staff was not very helpful. The room was decent for the price.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

The hotel was OK. Wasn't anything special. Seemed like a bad part of town. There was an armed guard at the door. I usually don't see that. I probably won't stay here again. I felt safe but it didn't seem like the greatest part of town. Nothing against the hotel. It was certainly one of the nicer ones in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I requested one room with a king bed. Upon check in, my 'request' was only a request and I was given a room with two double beds. This was an inconvenience because my husband is 6'5" and does not quite fit in a double bed. According to the website, through which I booked the room, this hotel offered a free continental breakfast. According to the hotel staff, this feature is only offered to certain guests and I was not one of them. Upon entering the room, the toilet had been used, but not flushed and the shower had long black hair strands (I am a blond). My husband and I only stayed the one night. We were in town to see old friends. Next time we will stay somewhere else.

1  Thank Karen C
HGI-KCK, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Just concluded a three night stay at this location. On the positive side, the staff was great, and friendly, the room was clean and quiet and the hotel had free secured parking. This is a great place to stay so close to downtown and the major attractions of Kansas City, and it's priced at a fraction of the price of the downtown and midtown hotels. If you have a car, this is a good location and priced economically.

On the down side, our room had serious hvac issues. While the air conditioning worked, the room was very humid, and the dampness permeated everything in the room. In fact, the door of the room was very tight due to the dampness, so that it wouldn't close by itself. Although, that may have made the room quieter, because we never heard another guest during our stay.

While cleaning staff did did a decent job on cleaning the room, though the little dirty secret of spraying down glassware in the room with furniture cleaner reared its ugly head. As I was drinking water (just once), I could smell and taste the furniture polish. Yuck!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

We are sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you expect from Hilton during your recent stay. We apologize for the issues in your room and will work with our maintenance team to ensure this does not happen again. If you return to our area, we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kansas City
#13 of 21 in Kansas City
Comfort Suites Speedway - Kansas City
Best Western Premier KC Speedway Inn & Suites
Best Western Plus Seville Plaza Hotel

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Kansas City? Share your experiences!