“One night stay”

Hilton Garden Inn Kansas City
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I don't rate a hotel this high often, but for several reasons it is deserving. I stayed here on points as a Hilton Golf member. Unfortunately, I was confused and showed up a day late. Rather than punish me for not showing up for my missed reservation, they comped my room, plus gave me the Hilton Golf free breakfast for two! Bridget at the front desk was especially helpful. Very considerate. They didn't have to do this.

Additionally, i rate this hotel high for the following reasons:

1. Free Wii-fi
2. Clean Rooms
3. Microwave and frig in the room
4. Great pool with a "hot" hot tub with clean water. Towels provided. Clean bathroom next to the pool too.
5. Exercise room has treadmills and weights that were clean and all worked. Though a TV is in the room, you can also use a TV on the treadmill (take your head set). The could use roll out mats in the room for floor exercise.
6. Parking is gated, but comes with the room. Others pay $10.
7. Restaurant buffet breakfast was fresh and excellent.
8. Free cookies at night.
9. Only a couple blocks from the freeway (70). Very convenient.
10. Friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank FtWorthinternational
HGI-KCK, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Greetings! I would like to thank you for taking time to write your feedback at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate it. Our staff was really happy know that you like our service and we hope to see you on your next visit to Kansas City. You have a great day from: HGI-KCK Staff

Reviewed September 17, 2012

The hotel staff was incredible! The rooms were very clean and I slept so well (I have a case of insomnia but relaxed and actually slept). The pool was nice, the hot tub was on the fritz, only 2 jets were working at the time but it still felt nice. They have a nice restaurant and bar in the lobby that has really great food. It is a little pricey but for the quality it was really good. I will definately stay there again if I get to go back to KC.
Breakfast buffet does cost $11 but it is very good and you get made to order omlets. The quality of the food was fantastic.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking time to write your review. You are our valued guest and we really appreciate your comments. We are so happy that you liked our service. Thank your for staying with us and we hope to see on your next visit to Kansas City.You have a bless day from HGI-KCK.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Nice clean hotel that has one of the best breakfasts I've had at many Garden Inn's. The staff met all of the requests I had put in prior to check-in and the hotel has easy access to downtown KC. I was pleased to find at breakfast corned beef hash and homemade peach fritters. Both were excellent and not to be missed. As per some of the other comments the tv's could be updated, but everything else seemed fresh.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking time writing your feedback at our hotel.We really appreciate your comments. We informed and submit our request for TV upgrade to our management company. We thank for your complement regarding our staff service and our breakfast amenities. We hope to see you on your next visit to Kansas City.You have a great day.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Front desk staff was less than welcoming, TV's are outdated by 10 years, maid service was unexpectedly poor (towels were not folded or replaced, furniture was rearranged). Rooms are moderately sized with less-quality beds than I've ever seen at any other HGI. Breakfast area is narrow and cramped, which also seems to be the mood of the wait staff. Overall, a sub-par hotel especially compared to the rest of the Hilton Garden Inn chain

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
HGI-KCK, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you choose our hotel during your stay in Kansas City and we apologize for the problems you encountered. We have fixed the guest room issues and have addressed the other issues with our housekeepers. We also apologize that our front desk staff was less than welcoming, and we will be addressing this issues with them. We assure you that if you give us another opportunity, you won't be disappointed in the future.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Stayed here for a course I was taking. Staff here seem uninterested in providing superior service. When asking questions at front desk, staff will continue to hold their own personal conversations and make guests wait until they are finished. Entry to hotel is hard to find if coming from the freeway and there is also construction that makes this difficult. Would not choose to stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012

Thank you very much for taking time a write the review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate the comments. You are our valued guest and I apologize for the issues that you have with our front desk staff. I really appreciate you informed us with your experience at front desk. I will address this issues with my staff.I hope in the future you will stay with us again. Once again thank you very much choosing our hotel and staying with us.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

Although the hotel felt generally clean, this hotel is in desperate need of updating. It has a great parking lot right behind the hotel, and the lobby is nice. Once you enter the elevators you start a trip to the 1980's, and when you get to the rooms it is comfirmed.

I have to say that the staff were very nice and friendly.

Breakfast just ok, the floor was sticky.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

We would like to thank you for choosing our hotel with your visit in Kansas City. We really appreciate you for taking time to write a review. We forward your feedback to our corporate office. We are happy to hear that your are happy the service our staff provides you. We hope to see you in your next visit in Kansas City. Thank you for staying with us.We really appreciate your business.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

We rented two separate rooms for this 3-night stay while in the area for a girlfriends weekend in Kansas City, MO.. My friends rented a room with two doubles. I redeemed HHonors points for a king suite I chose this location over the Hilton Presidential because of the lower point redemption value and the economical rate . The drive time from Kansas City International Airport was about 20-30 minutes each way. The property is not far from the interstate and is adjacent to the Reardon Convention Center. The HGI offers free secured parking with access by hotel room key. There is a business center, pool and fitness room with two treadmills and a stair-master. There is complimentary Wi-Fi as well. The restaurant offers the custom made-to-order breakfast seven days a week and the variety of food was well-prepared. The staff was helpful and the rooms were clean. The rooms are really dated and Hilton really needs to upgrade, i.e. dated furniture, carpet, etc. The sleep quality in my 2nd floor suite was awful with the humming noises from both the refrigerator and AC battling each night. We spent very little time in our rooms so the accommodations met our needs. All in all, there was really nothing outstanding about this property.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank ladyinmaryland
HGI-KCK, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we're very sorry you were unhappy with our guest rooms but we are glad you enjoy our breakfast at our restaurant. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kansas City
Baymont Inn & Suites Kansas City
Baymont Inn & Suites Kansas City
#15 of 23 in Kansas City
Hampton Inn Kansas City / Village West

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Kansas City? Share your experiences!