“Very nice staff, however interior needs refresh stat!”

Hilton Garden Inn Kansas City
Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Kansas City
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Very nice staff, however interior needs refresh stat!”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

TThe location is pretty convenient to K.C. MO, but there is nothing around this hotel other than a convention center building. The drive over the bridge from downtown K.C. to the hotel is about 5 minutes so it's very close. The staff was very attentive and accommodating and special kudos to the wait staff who served breakfast. They were actually pretty fantastic! My orange juice glass was constantly refilled with a smile. The only downside can be remedied if the rooms get a refresh. The tv was something out of the early '90s, and the furniture looked beat up. The core customer service component is outstanding as the employees genuinely care about their work, but to make this hotel top notch, it needs an update it stat!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank captainnole

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Bed, comfortable. Parking, alright. Staff, rude. Bedroom, not clean. Bathroom, falling apart. Room overall, definitely needs an update. Entry, pretty. Pool, looks like a family hotel (good thing). Little store, useful. Dining, hmmmm...... questionable.

• Stayed May 2012
HGI-Kansas City B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Kansas City, responded to this review, June 10, 2012
Thank you for your comments. I understand and respect your concern you did not feel respected from staff at our hotel. I was trying to locate your reservation but did not find one under your name in our reservation system.I would love to know which department it is the Front Desk, Restaurant, Housekeeping or Engineering and I will be happy to address this issue. Please feel to contact us and ask for FOM or GM. We are looking forward talking to you.
Seattle
Reviewed May 30, 2012

A fairly standard, though slightly dated feeling garden inn. Not the best of locations unless you are using the convention center. Good customer service for the most part. EXCEPT for the fact that the hotel was incapable of getting a burnt out lightbulb replaced for me, despite three separate phone calls to the front desk. In the big scheme of things, not a huge hairy deal...I just swapped one out with another lamp. But if something so small didn't get addressed...how do they deal with big problems? And what if somebody hurt themselves doing it themselves because hotel didn't step up? Customer service fail.

• Stayed May 2012
HGI-Kansas City B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Kansas City, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
You are our valued guest at our hotel. In behalf of HGI Management Team we would like to apologized for the issues you have in our hotel. We would like to thank you for letting us know the problem so we can address it to our maintenance department and the frontdesk. Please let us know if there is anything we can do so to make you stay at our hotel again. Feel free to contact our hotel and ask for Front Office Manager or GM. Thank you very much.
Kansas
Reviewed May 27, 2012

My husband and I stayed here the night after attending Rockfest. The room was reasonably priced and the front desk staff were friendly. I slept well in their King bed, which was one of only four suites in this hotel that was a 'smoking' suite. For non-smokers, this may be a put-off, but most rooms are non-smoking and hotels tend to be pretty strict about that aspect. The ashtray was missing from the room, but a quick call to the front desk rectified that promptly.

We had a quiet night. Normally, I don't watch much TV, but there was a good selection of TV stations available. I never utilized the internet, but the in-room Wifi was not free.

Parking was complimentary and we were advised to take a bill from the front counter that would enable our exit. If you don't do this, you have to insert a $10 note into the parking machine for the arm on the gate to lift. Ice and drink vending machines were situated on each floor. Our room had a microwave and small refrigerator. The only thing I can't recommend about this place is the prepackaged coffee available for you to brew. The stuff tasted awful when we made it. It tasted burnt and seemed to be 'cheap and nasty' coffee.

Check out is at noon, which is later than some places that often want you gone by 11am.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed May 20, 2012

We had a car, and we were looking for an inexpensive hotel somewhat close to downtown KC, MO. Downtown KC, Kansas doesn't seem to have much going for it, but our location seemed safe enough. And it was easy to get in and out of the hotel and go sight-seeing.

Our non-smoking king room was on the back side, looking at the parking garage. As a result, it was very quiet even with the window open. Parking was free. The room was over-perfumed when we arrived, but opening window helped reduce the odor. The bedding had been cleaned with unscented products, which was nice.

There was a pitiful analog TV that produced a mediocre picture. The senior room rate did not include breakfast (there was an ad about their cooked breakfast on the reservation, but I hadn't noticed it didn't say free or complimentary when I booked), so we did not try the restaurant. The bed had a very heavy comforter for summer, and there was no blanket in the room; the front desk got one for me when I asked. Wireless Internet got one bar in our upstairs end room, but I got strong connection with my laptop plugged into the CAT5 outlet.

Nowhere in the room were there instructions for the Garden Sleep System adjustable bed, so I did not know we had it (I had never stayed in a Hilton Garden Inn). The first night I had a miserably soft bed and slept poorly. The next day, I saw the instructions in one of the elevators. Sure enough, the control was hidden behind a flap on the mattress where you need a light to see it, and it was set to soft. The firm setting worked wonders for me and made my remaining stay very pleasant.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
san diego, ca
Reviewed May 17, 2012

We enjoyed one night of superb service in this well laid out and immaculate this hotel. Comfortable beds and quiet rooms, good recipe for a great sleep. The staff were extremely helpful and welcoming. There is a sweet touch of delicious snacks on the front counter. An excellent business centre to catch up on some work.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 15, 2012

My fiancee & I decided to stay here because of our Hilton honors membership and It was a pretty cool hotel. Staff was nice upon check in and even tho we really spent literally no time in the room I was pretty satisfied with it until Saturday when we went to have breakfast at the slightly overpriced buffet (which wasn't that great) there was a nude woman eating who I don't believe was a guest and they had to call the cops. Now maybe that has something to do with the downtown location. Idk. Rest of our weekend went off smoothly until checkout &I accidentally left A bag a recent purchases which I didn't discover until I was back home well LONG story short after a lot of calls to the hotel and a few calls to Hilton guest services they mailed me my belongings. Outside of that we had a decent stay. Just make sure you don't leave anything behind! ! And shout out to Bridgette @front desk!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kansas City
Hilton President Kansas City
#14 of 109 in Kansas City
Crowne Plaza Hotel Kansas City Downtown
Hotel Phillips Kansas City, Curio Collection by Hilton

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Kansas City? Share your experiences!