“Hollywood Casino Visit”

Hollywood Casino at Kansas Speedway
Ranked #6 of 46 things to do in Kansas City
More attraction details
Owner description: Hollywood Casino is the place for you! We'll add dazzle to your days and life to your nights with free admission, pulse-pounding games, incredible restaurants, and great giveaways. We've got 100,000 square feet of excitement, delicious dining and the kind of red carpet service you can only find in Hollywood. Get that winning feeling with 2,000 of the hottest slots around or challenge lady luck at Hollywood's 52 table games, including a live poker room open seven days a week. Our next big winner could be you! Must be 21 to enter and dine.
Topeka, Kansas
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Hollywood Casino Visit”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

This was my first visit to the Hollywood Casino. The games were fine. But, as expected, it was noisey. It was hard to get a drink. WE ended up having to locate the bar and get our own. And it stunk. People are allowed to smoke in the casino. And not just in a specific area but all over. We were there with another couple for a few hours. No one won anything. I played the slots. Don't think that I ever even got a credit. It was just dumping money in the machine. Glad that I wasn't planning to at least break even. I don't think that we will be back. There are other ways to spend my entertainment money.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank kstoptrip

39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Good Luck winning here...”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

The casino is what attracted us to the Epic Buffet. We had plans of checking into our hotel Friday night, hitting the buffet, playing the slots and listening to live music at the Turn 2 restaurant.

After the Epic Buffet was an epic failure, we hit the slots. I’m not a gambler; I go into casino’s hoping to play awhile on my allotted amount and leave. I have never lost my money as quick as I did in this casino; literally lost my limit quicker than any casino I’ve ever been played. I never won a single quarter on a single spin and I played on several machines. I must have just picked all the wrong machines! They have several penny machines which I don’t care for and they had table games. I would have set down, but they were packed. I should add I only play quarter machines.

The casino is very nice and modern.

We went to Ameristar Saturday night and didn’t win anything (would have if we cashed out), but played for several hours on the same amount of money as what we spent at Hollywood.

Never made it to Turn 2, with as quickly as the slots took our money, and with our experience in the buffet, we felt it was time to go back to the hotel.

If you’re in the area stop by, maybe you’ll have better luck. I believe I’ll just stop at one of the other casinos as I come into town.

I will go back, but only if Turn 2 has a decent live band when we are in town, might give the slots another go, but I won’t stop here again just to visit the casino.

Almost forgot I thought the smoke was pretty strong in this casino, we don’t smoke, but other casinos we have visited the smoke didn’t seem as strong.

Visited April 2014
3 Thank iowaguntrader
“Not worth going.”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

On multiple occasions that I've gone, I've not hit anything worth talking about. Staff isn't helpful. Jackpots are extremely rare, you'll see a dinosaur before hearing one or getting one. They are so tight on the slots.

Visited April 2014
Levelland, Texas
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Average casino. Money goes out not much comes back”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Pretty casino. We had a good time. The payouts are not generous. I understand that you lose in casinos I think we lost a little too fast here. You have to remember it's not Vegas so the cocktails do not come to you. But bad coffee and flat soft drinks are free. I'd rather be in Vegas but it's better than Oklahoma casinos

Visited March 2014
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“1 cent slots aplenty”
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Beautiful casino much like Vegas. Beverage stations! Lots of 1 cent slots with range of betting choices. 2 hour stay didn't break the bank but played many games that entire time