“Slots looser then Ameristar's”

Hollywood Casino at Kansas Speedway
Ranked #6 of 53 things to do in Kansas City
More attraction details
Owner description: Hollywood Casino is the place for you! We'll add dazzle to your days and life to your nights with free admission, pulse-pounding games, incredible restaurants, and great giveaways. We've got 100,000 square feet of excitement, delicious dining and the kind of red carpet service you can only find in Hollywood. Get that winning feeling with 2,000 of the hottest slots around or challenge lady luck at Hollywood's 52 table games, including a live poker room open seven days a week. Our next big winner could be you! Must be 21 to enter and dine.
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Drove over to this casino and actually had a great time. Didn't steal my money as fast as Ameristar Casino did. But that also can depend on many factors, but it was nice to actually get to play then donate

There are newer reviews for Hollywood Casino at Kansas Speedway

Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

Decent pay rates in the couple hours there we hear many big winners. Very clean for the traffic that was there as well as the weather that was being brought in. Friendly staff helps with the overall good atmosphere. Look forward to visiting again.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Out of all the casino's in Kansas and Missouri, this has to be the nicest one! We went on New Years Eve and it was COMPLETELY packed! Good luck trying to find a machine to play! They also had a special buffet for New years but the line was insane. We made reservations at a different restaurant in the casino and we still had to wait an hour. By the time we got a table, I wasn't even hungry anymore. They had a pre-set menu that barely had any food. I think they had like 10 things total. The only thing I liked were the fireworks!

Reviewed November 27, 2013

We have been to eat at the decent buffet and play slots on quite a few occasions, but have never hit a jackpot of any size, nor has anyone I've gone there with. In fact, I don't really remember ever seeing anyone hit anything to write home about. That's probably why it never seems to be very busy there. I think if they loosened up their slots so that we actually had a prayer of hitting something every once in awhile it would be beneficial to their business. If you want a shot at hitting a jacklpot - ever - you probably should go to one of the riverboat casinos in KC,

Reviewed November 21, 2013

The first time I visited, I swore I would never return. However, now there are some $5 BJ tables, and a much better selection of slots, that are paying better. The buffet is just awful. Really, this is a main draw in a lot of casinos, and I can't imagine anyone going here twice. The other restaurants are ok, but not great. They really haven't gotten casino-type service mastered. We went to the upscale steakhouse the other night, and waited 5 minutes for someone to deign to show up at the podium and greet us.

One strange problem: They don't have enough restrooms, and they are all on one side of the casino. One of the restaurants (Marquee) has NO RESTROOMS and if you have to go while you are there, you must leave the restaurant and cross to the other side of the casino. Who thinks this kind of stuff up?

Another positive is the non-smoking slots room. Very large and appreciated!