“An absolute gem of a place in KCK”
Review of Mason Jar

Mason Jar
Ranked #10 of 347 Restaurants in Kansas City
Description: The Mason Jar is a family friendly bar and grille located in Kansas City, Kansas. We feature burgers, pizza and wings all made in our from scratch kitchen. We have 25 beers on tap and more than 100 bottles and cans available as well. We offer a private dining area that seats 20-25 people, perfect for office lunch meetings or family gatherings.
Reviewed June 5, 2019

This is a diamond in the rough (since there are few, locally owned restaurants in this area, especially of this caliber.) The food is very good, and the atmosphere is cozy, but open enough. A regular stop for me.

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed April 13, 2019

It's been awhile since I've done a review, but today was a perfect day, weather-wise, and my church friends, Pastor David and wife Nancy, suggested the Mason Jar! My first time there, and it was a VERY pleasant experience! The first thing we noticed was the decor: all the light bulbs were encased in Mason Jars and gave off a very ambient glow of light to the restaurant/bar. It was quiet, but bustling and one could even hear each other converse! The menus featured the Special of the Day and there was VARIETY to no end. David and I had the Fish and Chips special, and Nancy had the Fish Tacos. The food was excellent!... with a wide variety of selections to choose from! The price range was excellent... between $10 and $20, and worth every penny! We had a most wonderful waiter, Marina, friendly, very knowledgeable , and just a happy, fun gal to be with! The entire wait staff were down to earth enjoyable to be with. I will return to The Mason Jar in the very near future because it is within walking distance of my apartment! A totally marvelous dining experience for anyone who wants a breather or relaxing atmosphere.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed March 31, 2019

My work would get these Foodsby ads that included the Mason Jar so I ordered their lunch chicken sandwich and the sandwich filled the Styrofoam container..touched each side! It was heaven. I knew we had to go North. We're transplants so we're willing to trek around our adopted home town, the locals don't always share their secrets so when we find one, I write about it.

Before I go, I pull up the online menu and show the husband. As we were drooling over this menu, I knew we had to go. We ordered pretzels and burgers on our in-person visit. I wanted to try to basics because if they can't get that right, nothing else matters. We were not disappointed. The pretzels were fresh and had that soft yeasty feel that makes you keep eating them. Mustard and cheese dips were so good, I held onto what was left to add to my burger.

We got the SOB burger. It was so big, I cut it in half...and sweet potato fries. Fries have to be cooked twice to get them right and you can tell by the crunch that these were. I couldn't eat them all because I was trying to talk the other half into dessert.

Apple torte - light pastry, ice cream and caramel...enough to share...unlike the fries, I made room for this. I can't wait for our next visit (prime rib, I think).

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed August 18, 2018

We ordered the three meat pizza. That was a mistake. It tasted pretty flat with what looked and tasted like purchased dough. The toppings were about the same. Between the two of us, a twelve inch pizza left six inches to take home. The appetizer, chips, were decent, but nothing great. The cheese dip and avocado were great, but the salza was desperate for flavor. The selection of beer was great, but the specials were not. If I were to come here next time, I would order the burgers. What can go wrong with burgers? The server, Haley, was great and made the whole dinner and place worth the visit.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

My wife stopped in on our way to the legends for dinner. We had a good time. They had a really good selection of food and decent beer selection. We had the SOB burger and it was excellent. Service was slow but everyone was very nice.

Date of visit: August 2018