“A hidden gem in KCK that is definitely worth visiting”
Review of Mason Jar

Mason Jar
Ranked #10 of 369 Restaurants in Kansas City
Description: The Mason Jar is a family friendly bar and grille located in Kansas City, Kansas. We feature burgers, pizza and wings all made in our from scratch kitchen. We have 25 beers on tap and more than 100 bottles and cans available as well. We offer a private dining area that seats 20-25 people, perfect for office lunch meetings or family gatherings.
Reviewed July 15, 2018

The Mason Jar definitely falls under the category -- unfortunately due to its location a block south of KCKCC/State Ave -- of a 'hidden gem.' The food and service were both outstanding, and frankly, it had the cleanest/nicest bathrooms I've ever seen in a bar & grill! We got both their brat bites and their meatballs as appetizers -- both were superb. I had their Pub Jr cheeseburger -- it was cooked to perfection and amazingly tasty. Everyone else in our family got their chicken fingers with various sauces and they all thoroughly enjoyed their meals. Definitely worth a visit and I plan to return again to try other menu items. Again, the service throughout our meal was friendly and top-notch.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed April 25, 2018

I can honestly say that I don't think I would have ever known about this place; but my wife was invited to a gathering here so we were there on a Sunday afternoon. This grille and bar has a great vibe to it (I compare it to a brewery I visited in Orlando) and is decorated nicely.

The wait staff (and bartender) was VERY nice; the beer prices (again, Sunday afternoon) were excellent. Their special was $2 pints of Shocktop! While I didn't have any food while I was there, my daughter did and had good things to say.

If I am ever in the area again, I wouldn't hesitate to go back!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed February 25, 2018

Located real close to 72th and State Avenue in Kansas City Kansas: it is located on a side road as you turn south off of State Avenue. Its menu features the typical bar fare, as well as some menu items that you don't see very often. My waitress was very friendly and attentive. Overall, a nice change from all the franchises. Recommended!

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed February 6, 2018 via mobile

Our family has been here many times. My husband and I stop on occasion for lunch. Great food & service.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed December 30, 2017 via mobile

The atmosphere was fun and clean. The service was friendly. We went for lunch and it wasn’t very busy it all. That’s where it started to go down hill. Our food took longer than 30 minutes to show up for not having a lot of people present. I got the Shrooms, Man burger and it wasn’t seasoned very well or have much taste. The onion rings were delicious however, so that was a saving grace. My husband had the French Dip and liked it. His only complaint was that it was a little skimpy on meat. It was just very, very, very slow service and mediocre burger.

Date of visit: December 2017
MasonJarKC, Guest Relations Manager at Mason Jar, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2018

Tabby, I'm sorry to hear about your experience at the Mason Jar. The majority of our menu is made from scratch, which sometimes takes a little longer to make. I'm glad you enjoyed some of the ordered items. We hope that you'll give us another chance to earn back your business. If you dine with us again, and have any concerns, or the food isn't as expected (we could've replaced it with something else for you), please ask for the Manager and she'll be sure to correct any issue you may have. We hope to see you again in the future!