“Nice Place in a Great Location”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kansas City at Village West
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Kansas City
Bethesda, Maryland
“Nice Place in a Great Location”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Hotel was very clean and the staff was super friendly when we arrived. The room was ready well ahead of time and the staff allowed us early check in. The location was a real plus, with the new casino and Legends area. There are plenty of restaurants and sporting events to check out as well. Would definitely recommend to anyone wanting an affordable, nice place to stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Lauryn B, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kansas City at Village West, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our facility! We are honored you choose to stay with us and are so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. We truly appreciate your business and hope that we see you again soon when your travel brings you back to the Kansas City area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 3 days while we were in KC for a short family vacation. Overall the hotel was nice, clean and great home base for our family. We had 2 connecting rooms which was great since we have 6 kids, but the connecting door had obviously been kicked in at some point and was glued back together and not very well - I might add. I would have been a little concerned about the security had we not been sharing both rooms. Breakfast was okay and non of the staff was super friendly but at least not rude. I would recommend this hotel to other travelers and a great location near shopping and dining.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Lauryn B, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kansas City at Village West, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
I sincerely apologize for the concerns you had in regards to the staff. If you feel you would like to discuss your concerns further with me, please give me a call at the hotel directly. I will also take a look at the door that has been fixed and look into a better fix.
I appreciate you bringing this to may attention so we can remedy the issues.
It is a great part of the city with much to do and I am thrilled you enjoyed your time regardless. We do hope that we see you again as we truely value your business.
Fayetteville, AR
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

The staff was great and the rooms were clean, there is some shopping nearby but the food selections are limited, it is next the race track but pretty far from downtown. I don't think you can beat the price for a nice room and free standard breakfast. I would stay here again. There was some hair on the floor behind the bathroom door, but I suspect the manager will read this review and correct that problem.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you so much fro taking the time to write a review for our hotel. We were honored you choose to stay with us as we know you have many options when you come to Kansas City. We truely value your business and input...(and yes, I did make sure the hair in the bathroom was promptly taken care of).
We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and hope you come and visit us again when you are back to Kansas City.
Rocky River, Ohio
Reviewed February 22, 2013

AMAZING, AWESOME, CLEAN, FRIENDLY, QUIET, … TERRIFIC!
Let me first say why I can say these things.
I am have been traveling for 18 years, 300 plus days a year in a hotel room. I have been back and forth across the country 6 times in the past month alone. I know what’s good and bad and on top of that, I’m a germ freak and I work in Quality Control.
That being said, this is one of the cleanest hotels I have ever been in, however, what really makes this place great are the people. I cannot say enough good things about the entire staff. From the time you check in, to your breakfast in the morning you will always find a smiling face and a warm hello. They truly make you feel like family and they make life on the road a little more bearable. It would take me hours to tell you about Lauren and her amazing staff and how they go above and beyond for each and every guest.
If you stay here you will be writing the same type of review that I am.
I would give more stars I could. -JR

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Lauryn B, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kansas City at Village West, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
On behalf of the entire Country Inn & Suites staff we are THRILLED you enjoy your stays here with us. It such a pleasure having you here with us and you truly have become a part of Country family here. Customer service is most important to us and we thive to make sure we deliver only the best. A warm smile, a comfortable bed, a fresh start to your morning, and a relaxing evening are only a few things that you deserve as our guest.
Please come back and visit us again soon! We look forward to seeing you!
Goessel, ks
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Stayed here for two nights and had a small conference downstairs at the hotel meeting room. I called in advance to confirm a top floor room and upon arrival was placed on the middle floor. One word from me and I was immediately given a top floor as well as an upgrade! My room was immaculate, comfortable, and the desk had a built in power trip PLUS a lamp with two plugins! For business travelers hauling around several computers, a tablet, couple of phones, mp3 payer for working out, among other electronics, this was an amazingly pleasant surprise.

My company sent my training materials with half of them three-hole punched on the wrong side. I headed downstairs in my pjs and slippers to the business center but didn't see one in the business center - although it was a great looking workspace if needed. On a whim, I asked the front desk employee if she had a punch and she didn't bat an eye, "Absolutely ma'am! Here you go and what else can I do for you?" She was probably the nicest customer service provider I've encountered in a long time. She had me signed up for the travelers membership points club and chatted with me for several minutes. In the morning I was graciously allowed into the fitness room 20 minutes before it opened so I could get a run in before my training began. Didn't use the pool or hot tub but they looked great.

The young lady working the breakfast area was so over the top wonderful I can't say it enough. So friendly and so sweet, just wow! If I'm ever in the area again I will definitely stay here! The one and only concern was the cleaning staff smoking out of the south stairwell exit while holding the door open which let the smoke smell penetrate the carpeted stairwell - not good.

Have no doubts about staying here, you'll love it!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Lauryn B, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kansas City at Village West, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to recognize our hotel. I shared your review and compliments with the staff and they were thrilled that you enjoyed your stay! I thank you for allowing me the opportunity to recognize them for a job well done! It was truely a pleasure to have you stay with us and we hope that we get to see you again soon when your travels bring you back to Kansas City.
Wamego, Kansas, United States
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here several times in the past couple of years. My expectations gave always been met. The rooms are very comfortable. The staff is spectacular, always warm and welcoming. I highly recommend that you give them a try.

• Stayed February 2013
Lauryn B, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kansas City at Village West, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Brian on behalf of the entire staff here at the Country Inn & Suites, we greatly appreciate your review. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and we are honored you took time to share your thoughts with the public on TripAdvisor.
We appreciate your business and are looking forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to Kansas City.
Bradley
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I really enjoyed my recent stay in Kansas City! Now that I have spent several nights at your hotel, your staff is starting to recognize me. That’s a big thing when I’m away from home. Jessica was very friendly on Monday night when I checked in and she recognized me as Club Carlson member and upgraded me to a King Suite. Paula, who worked the breakfast room Tuesday was just a delight! I saw her offering extra service to two different moms with kids.
I had a very heavy parcel delivered to the hotel, rather than wrestling it through two airports, and your staff was very professional in handling it for me.
There are many restaurants and stores within walking distance of the hotel for us road warriors. I especially like Jazz: Louisiana Kithen for dinner and entertainment. Legends shopping center has movies and plenty of stores to browse.
I'm looking forward to my next trip to KC for business.
S. Bell - Kankakee, IL

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Lauryn B, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kansas City at Village West, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to recognize my staff for a job well done. I have shared your compliments with the staff and they were thrilled you enjoyed your stay. It was a great pleausure having you here and I am glad we were able to make your stay enjoyable. We hope we see you again soon when your travels bring you back to Kansas CIyt.