“What a lovely way to spend an afternoon!”

The Legends at Village West
Ranked #3 of 53 things to do in Kansas City
More attraction details
Owner description: Large retail, lodging and entertainment complex features a wide range of tourist venues including Cabela's, Nebraska Furniture Mart, The Great Wolf Lodge and the Community America Ballpark.
Reviewed September 19, 2011

I can't imagine a more friendly atmosphere for: snacks, coffee, sidewalk traffic, benches for sitting and resting or people watching, shopping for anything you can think of, movies, restaurants and more. Wow. I so wish my town could offer something like this--even a quarter of it would be great! People are friendly, helpful and informative. Sales people are pleasant and gracious. My daughter was in a wheelchair (we borrowed it there) with a broken foot and we still had a ball!

1  Thank kjohn1114

Reviewed July 29, 2011

I heard about this outlet mall and almost drove off. I couldnt find it. It looks like a few stores in a strip mall from the road. If you see the big Legends sign thats it. It is behind the buildings and has lots of entertainment, all kinds of outlet stores, coffee houses, and restaurants. It is attractively landscaped . They have the T-Res Cade with large dinosaurs inside and out. It is like a kids dinosaur experience with a restaurant, Gem mining, and shop you will not want to miss. My family had a whole fun day. If you go Sunday they close early. If you visit the Kansas City Area this is a must go place. I grew up on the east coast boardwalks and it is like that experienced without the beach.

2  Thank tjordan38
Reviewed July 27, 2011

A visit to the Legends outlets was a big to do on my vacation list, but I was disappointed. We went looking for school clothes and went to: Osh Kosh, Justice, and Gymboree. Not a single store had outlet prices. Osh Kosh had 30% on some of their items but not many. In the Justice store everything was regular price. The only promotion they had was something about spending $50 and getting a coupon. Gymboree had last years items (many of which my daughter already had) at the normal prices. We ended up with one pair of leggings and some overalls for the baby. I was so disappointed as I had gone hoping for some great deals. They were also out of their coupon book and would not have any more until August. Sorry, but if I want to shop regular priced merchandise I can shop at home. We have better sales at our regular mall.

The two redeeming qualities were the T Rex Cafe where we had dessert and Cabela's. The kids loved the restaurant and we were in Cabela's for awhile looking at all the mounts and fish.

1  Thank jennday1
Reviewed April 17, 2011

We come here 3 or 4 times a year to shop, eat and have a great time. The atmosphere is so inviting. This outdoor mall is very easy to navigate through, the restaurants are amazing and the theater is huge. Its an all day trip to see everything, and sometimes it's just nice to be somehwere for a day without feeling like your being smothered by other shoppers. I personally hate KCMO, but Village West is my favorite part of KC! Will be going again, and again and again!

2  Thank Wifey826
Reviewed January 3, 2011

I drive by this area every time I travel to the airport. What used to be nothing but fields a few years ago is now a Speedway, a couple of water parks, a ton of shopping, and about a million good restaurants. I've also heard that a casino is being built. One thing I noticed about the restaurants within the Legend's compound is that one entree can feed 2-4 adults, so ask about portion size before ordering if you don't like to waste food. Whenever we're out that way, we like to stop at Nebraska Furniture Mart and grab some frozen custard at Sherridans or Culvers.

2  Thank breoni