“Great Service and location”

Holiday Inn Express Junction City
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Junction City
Mount Carmel, Illinois
“Great Service and location”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

First of all, finding a hotel/motel in Kansas that still allows smoking is a plus, finding such a nice, clean, friendly motel right on the interstate was a premium. The only drawback was that the key cards (which were ready and waiting) had been prepared the day before and had expired so we had to go back downstairs to get new cards. Other than that, the stay was great. The room was immaculate and comfortable. Checking in and out was a breeze and the desk clerks were very friendly and helpful, even to the point of making sure we had good directions from the off ramp when we called to ask approximately how far away we were. Made sure we knew that if we needed anything, just call. Definitely a step up from the average interstate motel!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
hiejctks, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Junction City, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we could be of assistance to you. We hope that you come see us again sometime.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Lancaster, Ohio
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I booked this hotel for a week not knowing the exact day my son would return from his deployment. When I checked in, and explained I might need to change my departure date, the receptionist could not have been more accommodating. The entire staff was VERY personable. You can tell the hotel ownership is good based on the positive and friendly staff. They seem to enjoy working there.

When my son returned from his deployment, he stayed with me during his 96 hour pass. We both agreed that the breakfasts served were head and shoulders above other hotels. I told the staff if their "pancake maker" turned up missing to check with my son... he fell in love with it.

This is a pet friendly hotel and there are several places to walk and exercise your dog. One of our dogs would "take himself out" the front door, much to the delight of the staff as they saw him stroll by with me hot on his heels.

The rooms are kept very clean and one of the housekeeping staff informed me that after a pet has stayed, they completely strip the room and have everything steam cleaned in case the next person has allergies. That's attention to detail.

The bedding was very comfortable, however I'd suggest they upgrade their pillows... or bring your own. They were a bit lumpy.

Although the hotel is in very close proximity to I70, I never heard any traffic. I would occasionally hear the helicopters from Marshall Field, but nothing that would awaken one from a sound sleep.

There is a Wal-Mart almost across the street and a number of restaurants in close proximity. I recommend the BBQ place next door. There is also a gas station, liquor store, car wash all on the same main drag, which makes it very convenient.

This was a wonderful and pleasant stay, and I would not hesitate to stay here again. Bring your bathing suit... they ahve a great indoor pool!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 1st floor due to our dogs. Laundry facilities are on the second floor. I would sa...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
hiejctks, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Junction City, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we happy that your Soldier came home safe. We appreciate his service. We love pets here and we know more than anything that they are family and we are happy that you could all be together for this wonderful reunion. We hope that you get to come see us again.
Statesville, NC
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Since reworking all of the Holiday Inn Express properties, ICH has done a good job with this one. Nice, clean - VERY nice staff. Does permit animals but if you are alergic, make sure you let them know and they will make sure you get a 'people only' room. Handy to everything in the area and one quick exit back to the base (funny when you realize you are going slow on the 80MPH higway).

Business friendly with WiFi and the like - standard Express Breakfast that's really quite tasty (Omelets good and Cinnamon Buns a great standard!). Very handy for business in the area at a good price. Also very good about welcoming frequent guests.

Only complaint was some of the guests that stay there - they seem to think they are in a Crowne Plaza or Marriott (way over demanding). One couple was extremely rude to the front desk clerk demanding they be moved for a second time to have no other guests next to them (hmmm...).

Very good as hotels go - not the best Express I've stayed it but will return!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
hiejctks, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Junction City, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
We thank you for your wonderful comments. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed all of our amenities. We hope that you do come and visit us again so that we can do our best to become the best Express that you have ever stayed at.
Columbus, Georgia
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I stayed here during a business trip, the rooms are clean and service was friendly. There is a small business center with computer access if needed. Rooms were well kept during my stay. Morning breakfast is one of the better kinds I have seen served at a motel. Newspapers are delivered daily to the rooms. The location is nice located near several good eating places, a Walmart Super Center and a gas station/travel center. Easy access to I-70.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
hiejctks, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Junction City, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
We are glad you enjoyed your stay, and that we could be of service during your trip. We hope that you visit us again and that business is great for you.
St. Louis
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We go often to Junction City to visit our family that is stationed at Ft. Riley. We tried something different this past trip in November and were pleased with the stay.

We arrived on November 16th and Irma gave us a friendly and fast check in.

When we got to our room we liked it. After seeing some reviews I had some some concerns, but the room was clean and fresh.

We really liked the breakfast provided and found it better than some other Holiday Inn Expresses we have stayed at in the past.

We are smokers and it was nice to have a hotel that still welcomed our dollars. The room had no pet or smoking smells and was very clean.

The pool was a nice option as it was clean and extra towels provided in the pool area . Didn't use the hot tub. Grandkids loved the pool.

Our room was cared for in a timely manner and the only issue I had was one of the beds in the room was broken down on one side as it was the prime tv watching area....we had a room with two queen beds. No problem sleeping though.

Heating/AC system could be updated as the old system was ok, but tough to get set as the weather we had at the time we were there ranged hot to cold. a thermostat type control would be good.

As for those having issues with pets being allowed, we saw a few during our stay and they had no impact on our visit.

All in all it was a very nice stay and we would stay here again.

Thanks to Irma and the staff for a very nice stay.

Room Tip: a nice place for us HORRIBLE smokers that other hotel groups discriminate against.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much! I am glad that I could be of service and as a hotel we are so happy that you enjoyed your stay. We hope that we get to see you and the grandkids soon :)
Lincolnton, Georgia
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I will just skip to the part to where my family and I were denied an extension to or stay here. Being military and deploying soon, it is hard to gauge when you will leave out. Apparently, this hotel does not see it that way. The management stated that we should have "planned our trip better" and wanted to charge us their regular rate instead of continuing the military rate, which was an extra $50 plus to what we were initially rated. The corporate office of the Holiday Inn stated to us that the management here has the ability to extend the original military rate, but instead chose not to. ARE YOU SERIOUS!!! And after arguing with my wife (who was in tears), we decided to find a new hotel. The Best Western next door was sentimental to the needs of this military family and booked a room for us at a cheaper rate. It gives me a good piece of mind to know that there is still those in the military community with hospitality towards Soldiers and their families, much less a sense of pleasing the customer. A big "THANKYOU" to the Best Western of Junction City, KS. I strongly suggest that you find some place other than the Holiday Inn if you are visiting our community. TIM

Room Tip: If you are military, do not stay here!!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Melanie D
hiejctks, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Junction City, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
We apologize that this guest did not enjoy their stay, but we could not further accommodate them due to our rate policies. We do offer the Government Rate, but it may not be available at all times due to the room type availability and occupancy levels. Due to length of stay, there may be times when we may not be able to keep a guest in the same room type if they need to extend. If we have availability in other room types, we may offer a room move. If the rate you booked at is not available, there may be a rate change. As most of our staff are affiliated with the Armed Forces, we do sympathize, however, we must follow the policies and guidelines as set by the Owner and Operator of the hotel.

Travelers are raving about these Junction City hotels

Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed October 21, 2012

The lodging is great! And here, breakfast means breakfast! You will apreciate a great meal and great staff to start off your day! Cookies are served at the end of the day. The pool and jacuzzi are very relaxing and very clean! After a week, I have yet to encounter any of the problems any of the other reviewers wrote. I plan on staying for an extended stay and appreciate all they have to offer! Thank you!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
We thank this guest for their kind comments. As with all Holiday Inn Express hotels, we have the Express Start Breakfast that will ensure you get a great meal to start off your day. We also try to ensure that at all times during the day, there is fresh fruit available if you need an energy boost. Also as a reminder, if you are a Priority Club Member, and you are staying at our hotel, we do allow our Members to have 24 hour access to the Indoor Pool and Jacuzzi, as well as the Fitness Room. Enjoy