“As a Holiday Inn Express should be...Fantastic!”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Junction City
Reviewed July 6, 2011

After a very long trek across Nebraska and Kansas we chose this hotel from our Trip Advisor app. So glad we did!! The young lady at the front desk was fabulous and attentive. SHe knew we were tired and made our check in speedy and efficient. Our room was very clean, well appointed. The bed linens smelled freshly laundered not dingy. The bathroom was also clean and fresh. The bed was extra large and very comfortable...Thank you Holiday Inn:)

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
hiejctks, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

We are glad that we could be of service during your long trip and are very happy that you made it home safely. We hope that we get to see you again in the future and you can come visit our wonderful beds again :)

Reviewed June 29, 2011

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in JC, Kansas for a month on business.

I loved the room cleanliness, the staff was great, especially Gracee and Christina. They made my stay very fun!

This place gave out warm, fresh made cookies everyday at 5pm and USA Today and a hot breakfast to meet you in the morning.
The fitness center, pool, and hot tub make this an amazing place to stay.

Room Tip: The King Suite Rooms are NICE!!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank kinzerkevin

We thank this guest for their kind words. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you get to come back and stay with us again. We will have the cookies waiting for you :)

Reviewed June 28, 2011

Pros: Pet friendly, convenient location. Friendly staff.
Cons: hotel had an awful smell, hotel rooms had an awful smell and the pool area smelled like a sewer. hotel need updated.

I have always enjoyed staying at Holiday Inn Express locations and this stay was less than stellar. The main air conditioner was broken so the lobby and all common areas were hot, muggy and smelled foul. The room we stayed in had working air but still smelled weird. The room was clean, but the smell was annoying.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank dlee28
hiejctks, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2011

We apologize for this guest's experience. At this time we were having problems with our Central Air Conditioning in some of the common areas of the hotel. We have corrected all our issues and would like to invite this guest to come and see our changes.

Reviewed June 13, 2011

Upon arrival,the HIE was quaint... Then I walked through the front door. First off,the odor in the lobby should've told me we should cancel and move on down the road. The first desk clerk was sloppy and not real polite... Customer service is not her strong point. Appearance is everything to guests as well as a smile. The clerk had fingernails that she herself couldn't control while doing her job.....way to long! and obviously cuts into her 'service with a smile time' . The hallway smelled as well,stairwells had trash in them,even the handrails had funk on them. The elevator is not a meeting place for the maids... This day it apparently was,I waited more than 5 minutes to get on..I normally take the stairs but I chose not too. The pictures on the Internet are misleading as far as I'm concerned. I know smoking rooms smell of smoke but Really!! The 2nd clerk on our not so wonderful visit was on her cell phone in deep conversation during her attempt to help me. Totaling of about 10 minutes... Oughta be something done about that. The beds were clean and comfy,that's what I payed for ultimately.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank La8

We apologize for all the inconveniences this guest experienced during their stays here. As a hotel, we pride ourselves on the great customer service we provide and are quite heartbroken that we did not do our best to ensure this guest enjoyed their stay. We have taken all of their comments to heart and have taken a few measurements to ensure we have the right people in the right places and every one has gone through some training in order to ensure that everyone is responsible for each guest and making sure that they have the best stay they can. We hope this guest will give us another chance and come and see the changes we have made.

Reviewed June 29, 2010

I was booked here twice by my company. The first time was not great but since then, the place is wonderful. No smoking in the hotel, extra clean room, helpful and polite staff, pool was wonderful for a hotel. I'd stay here again anytime.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
hiejctks, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2011

We appreciate this guest and review. We apologize that their first stay was not as comfortable as they would have liked it. We greatly appreciate that they gave us a second chance to make sure that they enjoyed their stay and may visit us again in the future.

Reviewed June 16, 2010

I should have known when I looked in the bathroom and there was a cheezy see through shower into the main room. The top floor smelled like cigarettes and it was all non smoking.
I requested a military rate, and was giving this room ( a king suite w/ whirlpool bath). Sometimes we get king suites or double beds and even if we are traveling solo. The suite was a higher military rate. I've been a prioity club since 03 and never have a problem. I may have to cash in my points and go to another brand!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank asile4321

Our hotel is not, nor has been at any time a complete non-smoking hotel. We have a small amount of smoking rooms located at the back of the hotel. Also we have different rates for our room types. There are also different forms of military discounts for suites, active duty, retired, and military families.

Reviewed May 21, 2010

I will NEVER stay at a holiday inn again. the service was very rude and disrespectful and they charged me 40 dollars over what they were suppose to. i asked three times if the room was a certain amount because of military discont and was told yes and when my bank statement came in i was charged 40 more dollars. so when i went in there i was talked to like a child. the manager was a bi otch and so i will never give another holiday inn my money and do everything in my power to keep other people from staying there as well. this place SUCKS!!!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sharpeagle

When any guest checks into our hotel, we either authorize for the amount of your stay and incidentals, or take a deposit for incidentals from our cash paying guests. This is a standard practice in most hotels. Upon check out, we charge only for the stay and charges made to the room. If there is a remaining balance from the authorization, we immediately release it from our system and if it was a cash deposit, the remaining deposit is returned. Most banks or Credit Card issuers do not release authorizations from their side immediately. Most will continue to hold the authorization for 24-72 hours before releasing it back to the card holder. Guests are explained this at check in and check out and it is also stated in every directory in the guest rooms.