“Traveling”

Ranked #15 of 15 Hotels in Junction City
Lafayette, Indiana
“Traveling”
Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

My family and I stopped here because we needed a room for the night. We had b ren driving from indiana. Getting the room was quick. Although when I called the 1-800# the said that they had to queen beds instead we got full beds. Which is ok we can sleep closer. Breakfast could have been a bit better. But breakfast is breakfast. And the only negative thing is that it smelled kinda moldy/mildew like in our room.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
vic415, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge of Junction City, responded to this review, May 24, 2014
We are really sorry for the inconvenience.
Thank you for staying at Econo Lodge in Junction City, KS
Jay Patel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Second time here both in this year but 6 months apart. Rooms need to be updated asap to new couches in rooms, Televisions, all the rooms wood furniture, and elevators installed because they have 3rd floor rooms.

I was upset because room was not clean spotless, bugs crawling on wall( Suppose to be lady bugs but never seen brown lady bugs in my life. So, I reported after we killed 2 and more came out. I said to myself we on the 3rd floor with windows closed so, where they coming from?. Also, you can tell the smoking area has a smell.

I did end up changing rooms but it did not happen when I first called about tub dirty and floor but did happen after bugs. I did feel something eating my ankles twice but it could of been anything but besides that. The place is quiet, parking lot well lit, and front desk has respect from what I seen. They need to expand the morning breakfast area because it is small.

This will be a great place once they upgrade and make sure housekeeping cleans thoroughly not just the surface and clean around bed on floor, dust beds off, dust curtains, and clean around fridge too.

Good luck and try to make the change asap to keep making money here and to not run people away.

Room Tip: Try to get first floor because no elevators and they have a 2nd and 3rd floor rooms
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Oklahoma
Reviewed October 27, 2013

When attending Kansas State football games, this Econo Lodge is always my parents' choice for accommodations. I just stayed with them there this week, and now understand. Jay, the owner, always makes sure they have a reservation, and treats them like a member of his family. Our room was very clean, and it is evident that the lady who does the cleaning takes a lot of pride in her work and strives to provide great customer satisfaction.

It is important to remember that this is an Econo Lodge, not a Hilton, and, though the breakfast may be minimal, I don't think very many Hilton Hotels provide any kind of free breakfast - for a lot more money. If more than a roll and coffee are needed, there is an excellent diner, Stacy's, right across the street that is mmmmmm SO good.

I appreciated that even though rooms in the area are much higher during football season, this motel offers a fair price. Also, want to add that when I spoke to the manager about the review on bed bugs, he produced the exterminator's receipt and evaluation - no bed bugs found at this motel! Don't know what got hold of the previous poster.

Microwave, fridge, wifi, clean bathroom....it's a good value in Junction City.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Room quiet and comfortable. Good value for region. But room showing its age.

Wifi free but SLOW.

Included breakfast is coffee, OJ, milk tiny muffins, sweet tools plus couple types of cereal. Not impressive but functional.

Checkin friendly and quick. Well lit parking area. No common area to socialize. No restaurant close you need to drive just a little bit.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Junction City, Kansas
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Bed biting insects; need I say more?
The lodge: Address: 211 W Flint Hills Blvd, Junction City, KS 66441

We stayed two nights.
After the first night we had about 10 bites and didn't complain as we just couldn't believe it was happening and were thinking of all the possible causes. After the second night and another 10-12 bites there was no doubt.
The mgr was in denial.
He said since we didn't complain the first night he dismissed our complaint altogether!
Needless to say, we won't be staying there again. And it is a black mark on all Econo Lodges.
HOPE THIS PREVENTS OTHERS FROM ENCOUNTERING THE SAME EXPERIENCE!
Regards,
Stan & Linda
PS: the mircowave didn't work and the bathroom toilet made way too much noise when filling!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Stan4142
vic415, Manager at Econo Lodge of Junction City, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
We are completely disagree with guest statement for following reasons:

1. After two nights stay with us and third day at checkout, you told us that you got 25-30 bug bites (not mentioned single time during your stay), we checked your room linens and had no sign of any blood spots.
2. We called the professional pest elimination company to check the room. After fully inspect the room they did not found any bug activities in the room. They gave us the certificate of their inspection which we happy to share with any guest like to see.

We request the travelers not to believe the false reviews.

Thanks

Jay

Travelers are raving about these Junction City hotels

Golden, Colorado
Reviewed August 6, 2013

On a road trip, you know the kind, drive until you drop method - no reservations. Drove up to the motel, parked and went in. Well-lit, cheerful, clean with a pleasant young woman at desk around 10 PM. She did NOT look sleepy, was bright and wide awake. I requested a room where I could keep an eye on my car and she gave me one; she explained the room location and showed me where to look to see my car. Then she showed me the bank of monitors and cameras behind her - it was there all along, I just had not noticed it. She pointed out the entire property is under video surveillance; and added the front desk is open 24 hours and help was just a phone call from the room.

At $50/night single occupancy, it was a bargain. Sheets were clean and fresh, the bathroom was spotless and the towels were neatly folded and ready for use. Room was quiet and there was a continental breakfast at 6 AM when I left. In room fridge, microwave, coffee maker and flat screen TV which supported a pc connection - all present.

For details like free internet, laundry on premises, etc. check the website, I did not use any of these, but are all available; the signs in then lobby said so.

Room Tip: Though close to highway, (my room faced it), the property was quiet. Clearly saw place for truck par...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank AlfaGeek
Edwardsville, Illinois
Reviewed November 27, 2012

My husband and I looked for what was closet to us and what was cheap since it would only be a few hours. It was 3 am and my husband went to the window and no one was there so we called and asked the rate and then went back to the desk (which at night is a side window outside, lobby is locked) the lady we spoke to on the phone was asleep already so we rung the bell and she was startled awake. She made the comment how she loved be woke up at 3 am and was rude almost the whole time. We filled out the information twice and asked for a nonsmoking room and paid. She told us room 108 and gave us a key. We get to the room and the key didn't work so went back to tell her. We did this three times before they figured out someone was renting the room. I am 8 months pregnant and didn't appreciate having to go back and forth so many times. They gave us a different room and finally the key worked. The room smelt like smoke and was less then clean. There was hair on my pillow and it was very dusty. The bed wasn't too comfortable but for the price I didn't expect much. I will never go to this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple