Stopped here on the way back from a western vacation trip. Trusting the good reviews, I called and was pleasantly surprised at the reasonable cost, and pleased when I arrived and saw a nice , clean, well-maintained hotel. Everyone was friendly, and the beds were comfortable (though I'm not a fan of the tiny pillows, but there were four per bed, so I made it work.) The breakfast was good, and advertised as "continental", but it did have a waffle maker, and biscuits and sausage gravy (really good gravy, as it turned out), and was well-attended. The coffee in the room was some of the best I've had in-room (Wolfgang Puck branded.)
The only thing I didn't like, and it was design, was that the bathroom door swings way too close to the toilet, so you have to do a little dance to close it behind you, and the sink is not accessible with the door open, which is a little inconvenient. If I'd done the rooms, I'd have made the closet smaller, moved the entry to the corner of the room, and extended the bathroom to make it longer (and moved the smaller closet to the inside.) But, what's done is done, and if that's my only gripe, it was a successful stay. I wouldn't take a whole star off, as this is a design flaw, not a reflection of the great job the staff of this property is doing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Quality Inn hotel is conveniently located off Interstate 70, Exit 298. Hotel is near the Fort Riley military installation, home of the 1st Infantry Division, nicknamed the Big Red One. Nearby businesses include Geary County Convention Center, C.L. Hoover Opera House, Milford Lake, Kansas State University,Foot Locker Distribution Center, and ConAgra. 15 minutes away from recently updated Manhattan Regional Airport.Numerous activities are available in the area, such as boating and fishing at nearby Milford Lake, hiking in the beautiful Flint Hills and touring historical museums in Fort Riley. Visitors will enjoy browsing the stores at the nearby shopping mall and dining at various restaurants and lounges located in the surrounding area.Hotel amenities and features include:•Free Deluxe continental Hot breakfast with eggs, biscuits w/gravy and waffles•Lobby Coffee Station•Complimentary WIFI •Free local calls•Free newspaper (USA Today M-F)•Business Center•Exercise Room•Seasonal Outdoor Pool•Guest Laundry Room. Guestroom amenities include:• Coffee Maker with Wolfgang Puck Coffee• Refrigerator & Microwave• Hair Dryer • Iron & Iron Board• 32" LCD w/ HBO• Curved Shower Rod with multi Setting Shower Head. Your Morning Breakfast is full of hot and delicious options, making breakfast at the Quality Inn the perfect way to start your day.Guests of the Quality Inn will want to check out the seasonal outdoor pool and exercise room. Business travelers will appreciate the on-site Business Center, which offers a computer with Internet, as well as access to copy and fax services.All guest rooms come equipped with refrigerators, microwaves, coffee makers, curved shower rods, hair dryers, irons, ironing boards and cable television. The Quality Inn hotel is the perfect destination for business, military and leisure travelers. Make us your home away from home when visiting the Junction City, Kansas area. Our friendly staff looks forward to serving you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Choice Hotels, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Quality Inn near Fort Riley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn Junction City
- Junction City Quality Inn