There are positive and negative aspects to this hotel. The hotel is new and was very clean. The lady at the front desk was very friendly upon our arrival. The hotel is located in a nice area of Junction City near restaurants and stores.
Our room had a broken lampshade. The sheets are fitted but are not big enough to cover the entire bed all night. I hate it when the sheets leave a part of the mattress exposed.
But the biggest drawback is the bathroom. The door opens in and the second you open it, the tub is just inches from the door. You have to get in the bathroom and shut the door to get to the sink. But there is very little room between the door and the tub and the toilet. You have to squeeze up next to the tub to open the door. Or I actually stepped in to the tub to shut the door. I hated this bathroom. The door needs to open outward or open towards the tub instead of the sink.
If they fixed the bathroom problem, the hotel would be a good one. But I think we will stay at the Courtyard next time. We stayed there last year and the Courtyard has huge bathrooms, gorgeous furniture, lots of space and is not much more expensive.
The continental breakfast was not that great. But it was included in the price, so that was nice. But they do not offer anything hot.
The train tracks are right next to this hotel and the trains going by are very loud. We stayed in room 218.
There also is not much space to put your belongings.
So this hotel has positives and negatives.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Quality Inn hotel is conveniently located off Interstate 70, Exit 298. Hotel is near the Fort Riley military installation, home of the 1st Infantry Division, nicknamed the Big Red One. Nearby businesses include Geary County Convention Center, C.L. Hoover Opera House, Milford Lake, Kansas State University,Foot Locker Distribution Center, and ConAgra. 15 minutes away from recently updated Manhattan Regional Airport.Numerous activities are available in the area, such as boating and fishing at nearby Milford Lake, hiking in the beautiful Flint Hills and touring historical museums in Fort Riley. Visitors will enjoy browsing the stores at the nearby shopping mall and dining at various restaurants and lounges located in the surrounding area.Hotel amenities and features include:•Free Deluxe continental Hot breakfast with eggs, biscuits w/gravy and waffles•Lobby Coffee Station•Complimentary WIFI •Free local calls•Free newspaper (USA Today M-F)•Business Center•Exercise Room•Seasonal Outdoor Pool•Guest Laundry Room. Guestroom amenities include:• Coffee Maker with Wolfgang Puck Coffee• Refrigerator & Microwave• Hair Dryer • Iron & Iron Board• 32" LCD w/ HBO• Curved Shower Rod with multi Setting Shower Head. Your Morning Breakfast is full of hot and delicious options, making breakfast at the Quality Inn the perfect way to start your day.Guests of the Quality Inn will want to check out the seasonal outdoor pool and exercise room. Business travelers will appreciate the on-site Business Center, which offers a computer with Internet, as well as access to copy and fax services.All guest rooms come equipped with refrigerators, microwaves, coffee makers, curved shower rods, hair dryers, irons, ironing boards and cable television. The Quality Inn hotel is the perfect destination for business, military and leisure travelers. Make us your home away from home when visiting the Junction City, Kansas area. Our friendly staff looks forward to serving you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Quality Inn near Fort Riley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn Junction City
- Junction City Quality Inn