“Good short term option in jcity”

WoodSpring Suites Junction City
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Junction City
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

It is what it is supposed to be. Good location with a Walmart very close as well as numerous dining options. A bit expensive for what you get but this is a niche operation. It does not have an excessive amount of traffic or noise at night.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Carvnbass
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Junction City, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thanks for your comments. Our goal is to provide a consistently clean, safe, and affordable stay for each guest. We're glad you were satisfied with your stay.

There are newer reviews for WoodSpring Suites Junction City

Reviewed December 9, 2012

We stayed here for a week in July of 2012, while waiting for a closing. This is an extended stay type of hotel, and that is what you should expect. It is nothing fancy, but in Junction City and Manhattan it is unrealistic to be too picky. I was a little anxious about the place, and even more anxious about where we might have to stay if they were full, but we managed to get a room. Due to my misgivings, I gave some of the staff a hard time while checking in. They were polite, helpful, intelligent, and reassuring. In fact, from the manager to the cleaning crew, everyone we met was not only friendly, they were great. They took care of all requests in a timely manner throughout our stay. I can't commend them enough, because it's a big place filled with people who probably aren't living through the easiest parts of their lives, and the staff handled everyone pleasantly and professionally. Value Place isn't luxurious, but it is comfortable and clean. We stayed on the ground floor, and some guests were a little noisy in the mornings and on Friday night, but if anyone causes trouble they are gone. And the places you go to stay in Junction City after getting kicked out of Value Place are places where you don't have to cause trouble to find it--just read some reviews of the other establishments in town. We felt safe and secure at Value Place, we could cook our own food, the bed was comfortable, and the other tenants were, by and large, quite nice. Our room was clean and bug free. The AC was cool and quiet. We had no problems with internet service. What more can you expect for under forty dollars per night, tax included?

Room Tip: Upper floors are likely to be quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Clay97
Heather L, Manager at WoodSpring Suites Junction City, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Thank you for your comments. We are glad you chose to stay with us at Value Place. Here at Value Place we promise a truly affordable, incredibly clean, much safer experience that's always simple and flexible to fit your needs. Again, we are very pleased that you had a great stay. We wish you well with your future travels!

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Listen, I want to give an honest review of this place as I have never stayed at a VP hotel before and we consider ourselves to be somewhat of hotel snobs....

I found myself and my family stuck in JC for an extended time with no place to stay. Anyone who has looked around this area carefully will tell you that there are little to no offerings for a family staying for an extended period in this area that offers some type of cooking options (kitchenette). This was NOT our first option as we were scared of the reviews...so we opted for the two "other" places. After having the ultimate hotel horror at two of them we were literally stuck with no place to go and wound up coming here to check it out. If you ask to see a room, you will be taken to a room on the first floor which is like a demo room so you get a feel for what they are like inside. A desk clerk named Melissa was super sweet and was able to address all of our concerns. Everything seemed fine so we opted to check in....here is what we experienced:

Pros-PRICE (can't be matched), 24 hr laundry, kitchenette with full size fridge, micro and two burner stove (with dishware if you need it), not spotless, but cleaner than nicer hotels we have stayed at, location (central to JC stuff), new big TV, new beds which will give you a pretty decent night's sleep (apparently after many complaints, all the rooms have new beds), area to hang clothes, roomy under bed storage, table with two chairs, ample parking with multiple doors for entry, little walking trail around the side of the hotel, everyone that worked here and the guests seemed pretty polite, and their extended stay services (you can opt for cleaning services every two weeks, but if you want to receive fresh towels or bed linens, you can exchange them at the desk whenever you wish for fresh ones. Also, they will let you borrow any of their housekeeping supplies to clean yourself which is what we prefer to do).

Cons-Walls are a little thin so this can be a bit frustrating as you hear lots of noises, no oven (just miss having one to cook), there is a large staff that work there and they get kind of loud in the hallways.

Helpful notes-1st and 2nd floor are the non smoking floors. Laundry is on first floor only but it is also the loudest floor with housekeeping, laundry, elevators and entryways. Buy a few curtain panels to put up in the room as the parking lot is well lit and can make the room a little bright at night. Buy/bring your own coffee pot....you get a better deal than the one they sell here. The issue with the door keys not working has something to do with the strips getting demagnetized by putting too close to your cell phone....do not keep in the same pocket and you shouldn't have this problem.

Overall, for the price this place is a gem. No, it is not a luxury hotel....but it is clean, comfortable and with a bit of creativity, can be made comfortable for an extended stay. I would recommend over the other, higher priced options in this area!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank DownhereinTX
Reviewed July 10, 2012

My husband was getting ready to deploy so we decided to book a room a month and a half in advance for the last week he had before he left. We moved everything out of our apartment in Manhattan and slept on the floor for a night. The next day after work we headed to Value Place in Junction City. We received a call 2 hours before we were to check in notifying us that are rooms had been cancelled. Of course the manager was on lunch, and no one at corporate could be reached. The desk clerk informed me I could stay at the Comfort suites right next door for $60 a night. I explained to her that she was talking about an extra $30 a night that I would have to pay. She said that was the best I was going to get. I live in Manhattan, are you joking! I spoke to the manager after he returned from a 2 hour lunch and he explained why my reservations were canceled. Guests already checked in can choose to extend their stay. I read the policy off the website that you can only do that if there is a room available. He said that policy does not apply and it is easier to keep current guests rather then kicking them out and bringing in new ones. Trying to find a new hotel the weekend every hotel was booked was not what I had in mind for the last nights with my husband. We stayed at the Junction City Super 8 which smelled like smoke, but as least I did not have to sleep on the floor for a week. Fair warning no Value Place honors the policy and if a guest wants to extend their stay you could be out of a reservation.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Kristina G
Reviewed June 18, 2012

They don't answer their phone on the weekends. They won't even pick up if you call their emergency number. Took over 3 hours to to get someone to fix my key. Other people in my company have had the same problem. One was locked out for an entire weekend. High speed internet is a joke. Bugs, thin walls, and the bed is more like a cot. The only good thing I can say for the place is they got new TV's, now if you could only hear the thing over all the noise in the place.

Room Tip: Stay at another Hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 3, 2012

I am outraged at the deceitfullness of Value Place (Junction City, KS) . I had reserved online, a room 3 weeks prior to my stay, with a comfirmation number, which required my charge card number, only to find out when I arrived they didnt have my reserved 2 bed room. The women who was trying to check in prior to me didnt get her reserved room either.
Who would ever reserve a room for at least the requried 1 week stay, KNOWING that when you arrive (as for me a 15 hr. drive) you have NO guarentee of a room, as in my case, during a time when hotels are all booked up, BECAUSE FAMILILIES COME FROM ALL OVER THE U.S. TO VISIT THEIR SOLDIERS, PRIOR TO THEIR LEAVING FOR MILITARY DEPLOYMENT. THANK YOU FOR THIS TOTAL INCONVEINCE! As for room amenities, comfort, etc. it is average. If u plan on using the stove top or kitchen sink, bring your own detergent, dishcloths, everything. Staff are curteous and helpful when they can be.

Room Tip: Since I preferred a hotel with a stove top, sink, large fridge, there is nothing else to pick from i...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 4, 2012

We expected to stay for a couple of weeks back in July 2010 but it turned into well over a year. Sade, John and her wonderful cleaning ladies: Tanya and Crystal were all amazing, friendly and courteous! We felt like they were family even when we left in Nov 2011 to move into a bigger place. Clean, comfortable, home environment. Quiet living areas, security attendant after hours and security doors was a plus. Loved having a kitchen(stove, microwave and large refridgerator) rather than the traditional motel small one. Very family friendly, staff is easy to work with and informational. Walmart, RiverWalk, IHOP and many other attractions within walking distance of this place. Rate was excellent on a fixed budget. Thank you Sade and your crew for being just awesome.
Id recommend anyone to stay at this Value Place.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Heather L, Manager at WoodSpring Suites Junction City, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

We are glad to hear you had a wonderful experience with us and we appreciate you choosing Value Place. No matter what brings you to Value Place, you can count on a respectful, helpful and friendly team dedicated to keeping the Value Place promise to our guests. Again, thank you for lodging with us, we wish you well in your future travels and look forward to having you again!