“Don't go in a big group, or in between lunch and dinner” 1 of 5 bubbles

Stevie's Bar and Grill
Ranked #37 of 60 Restaurants in Junction City
Cuisines: American
Junction City, Kansas
“Don't go in a big group, or in between lunch and dinner”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

The first time my husband and I tried this place, we went for a late lunch. It was around 3 or 4ish. After we'd been seated we were informed that lunch had stopped being served, and dinner hours hadn't started yet so they had a very limited menu. This was not advertised anywhere, nor did they have a printed alternate menu, the waitress wanted us to pick out things and then she would go and ask the cook if he could do such and such. WTF. I thought maybe this was a one time thing, but the waitress said that's how their meal hours worked. I don't understand why they just don't close the restaurant down for a few hours if they want to not serve food during the hours they are open. Or at least put a sign in front. Weird and awkward experience.

We decided to give it a second chance during normal dinner hours when some friends wanted to try it. A group of roughly 20 people. We called ahead, and they had the seats all ready, which was nice, but even in a large group, it should not have taken AN HOUR AND A HALF for some of the group to get their food while others were done eating an hour ago and being served the check. (the restaurant wasn't even half full)

One member who changed his mind and sent the food back after an hour and a half and he explained he'd been waiting so long, and no longer wanted it, and would just pay for his drinks. She had the gall to say she wasn't sure if they could do that, because of the system, and it had already been ordered. Um, no lady!! He sent the plate back, and then ten minutes later the manager tried to bring back THE SAME PLATE and give it to him and he was like I said no, and she's like what's wrong with it, and he explained again the wait, and she looked at the ticked and claimed the order was only put in 8 minutes ago. And looked put out when the entire table backed him up that it had indeed been an hour and ahalf ago.

They also messed up everyone's tickets at the end, despite everyone's orders being written on a separate page by the waitress. We didn't order alcoholic beverages, and there were several added to mine and my husbands bill. These were not other people's orders at the table mixed in with ours, they were a distinct brand that NO ONE at the table had ordered.

Not going here again. Ever.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jen J

Los Angeles, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great surprise for a dinner on a road trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

Stevie's was recommended to us by our hotel as a good dinner option as we were craving steak and a good meal. We started with crab stuffed mushrooms, light, a little heavy on garlic but tasty. The bread came warm and hinted of fresh baked herbs (dill?) a nice surprise. I had the steak salad and was impressed as I am not a meat eater but the balance of steak with blue cheese and tomatoes, greens and red onion with a balsamic dressing was spot on. My fellow diners had the pork chop and the French dip. I recommend the French dip as it was served on a buttery ciabatta roll and immensely flavorful. The service was prompt and very friendly and helpful. We sat in the dining room as it was more quiet than the bar area and seating was full. I agree with previous post regarding the lighting but enjoyed the overall decor. I think that if the walls were painted with a warmer darker color, taupe or rich light brown and the lighting was switched to dimmers with candles on tables the dining experience would be complete. Parking was easy on the main drag in town. Overall I would definitely return and recommend this to anyone looking for a great meal.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank KBLil
rathernotshare
“just okay”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

They have a ongoing problem with correct temp. of food being served and really poor wait staff. The last time I was there the butter wouldn't even melt on my luke warm baked potato and our waitress was M.I.A. all night. Decor is very dated and the whole place is a little dark and just feels worn out. Food is just okay anf for the price and service not a great choice.

• Visited November 2012