“Smokey Delicious Brisket”
Review of Cox Brothers BBQ

Cox Brothers BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: This location is temporarily CLOSED while we take some time to perfect a NEW style of BBQ. Catering services will, however, continue to be available throughout the Flint Hills during this time! When we decided to open a BBQ joint years ago, we couldn’t decide which kind of ‘Q’ we loved the most… so we just decided to offer it all. Now, we’re working on a one-of-a-kind "Cox Bros. style BBQ" that will be unique to our region, but we feel like we can only do this effectively at one location first. So we’re starting in Manhattan, KS. Then we’ll bring it over to Junction City after it’s been perfected. We look forward to being back up and running in Junction City sooner or later.
Reviewed August 19, 2014

This restaurant was recommended by a friend as we were driving through Kansas. It was so very good. We had Beef Brisket sandwiches which were OH SO good. They were smokey and tender and flavorful. They were not greasy at all. I also had the pineapple coleslaw which was excellent and my daughter had the fries which were equally as good. They had a lot to choose from as far as meat goes. Wish I could have tried it all.

Reviewed August 16, 2014

I thought it was sit down service, found out otherwise, go to counter and order, was real quick in getting it ready. I had pulled chicken,,,,,was ok, I've had better. fries were good, cole slaw ok, beer COLD!

Reviewed August 8, 2014

I've eaten here a few times over the past year. It's the best BBQ that I've found West of KC. We were really impressed with the past 2 times we ate there and the service seemed even more friendly (before it was ok, but nothing special, seems that they have really ramped it up).
The chicken is pretty good. My kids loved the pork. The turkey is excellent (some of the best I've had even by KC standards). The only inconsistent thing I've had is the brisket. Weird bc twice it was nearly perfect (1st and 3rd time visiting) but the second time visiting it was dried out a bit and tasted like it was cooked with kerosene (weird taste, but hasn't had it sense then).
I like the fries, onion rings, and the broccoli thing. The mac and cheese is good but sometimes way too spicy for me.
We like to camp or drive thru on vacation and stop here. I think that their food and service is a pretty good value. I happen to also REALLY like their sweet tea (but you do need bigger cups available for drive thru orders).

Reviewed August 8, 2014

Just what you would expect in a BBQ joint. Good food, clean facility and, for BBQ, reasonable prices.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

The food is to die for and all of the sauces to choose from is cool. The meat is tender and the sides re unique, but too small in portion size. The food is rather high priced, so we don't eat there frequently. The people who work there are super friendly and helpful and they walk around asking about your dining experience.