“California Mexican is a little different from Tex Mex, but really great.”
Review of El Tapatio

El Tapatio
Ranked #27 of 61 Restaurants in Junction City
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Four of us each ordered a different meal, and we each loved it. My chalupa wasn't at all like a Tex Mex chalupa, but it was wonderful. I'd order it again. I didn't realize Junction City had such a good restaurant. We'll go back when we're in the area. We were after the lunch rush, but the service was good.

Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant needs Chef Robert to come in and do a make-over.
I ordered the veggie quesidilla; very excited that broccoli was one of the ingredients. I asked the waiter to hold mushrooms.
It came our not resembling a quesadilla; more looking like a dripping in greese slop, mess. Starving after having been on the road without a meal in 8 hours, I decided to just go ahead a d eat it. Quickly I noticed no broccoli and there were mushrooms :(
Not wanting to risk my food being spit in, I just swilled the rest to fill my belly.
WORST QUESIDILLA EVER!!!!!

Reviewed April 26, 2013

It has a great atmosphere, very festive. Service was quick and the food portions were good sized and very tastefull. It has a lot of seating for families and large groups.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Their molcajete bowl is the absolute best thing on the menu! It has cactus, chicken, beef, chorizo, and shrimp in a homemade red sauce. I sometimes order it to go, and they package it very well, with the sauce separate and everything so it doesn't get mushy by the time you get home.

The food here is good and reasonably priced, never had any problems with the servers.

There's plenty of room, with two separate dining rooms. Definitely stop here, it's one of the best places to eat in junction city.

Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

I am a huge Mexican food fanatic and this place serves great California Mexican food. Very fresh and authentic ingredients definitely would draw me back! However, our waiter although polite was negligent of our area and we had to wait for everything!